Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too long ago bought a '96 zx6r. Love it!

BUT.. the guy sold it said "new tires" which they were.. but they SUCK! They are "brickstones" And they are some type of touring tire!

They spin so easy it's scarey!

So.. what's good to get?

Metz's? I know for my cruiser bike Metz is the favored tire. I'm not sure for the ninja. Help

LOK

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If you are riding on the street, get the Dunlop 208. You shouldn't be outriding this tire on the road. Now, if you are riding 100% on the street, which you should not be I would recommend something a little better like a Pilot Sport. I used them b/c I was an idiot and thought I actually needed that aggressive tire but I don't. Plus, those softer tires wear a lot faster, especially in the middle. I had 2,000 miles on Dunlops and you could not tell they were worn, but 2,000miles on Pilot Sport and you had better be looking a new tire.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by viper
i have dunlops 208 have used them on the track and the streets so far so good.
Sounds cool. Where is a good place to get em?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
"Brickstone" makes a damn good tire. If there were Bridgestone touring tires on it when you bought it, then what did you expect? Touring tires are touring tires. If you want a great road tire combination for your bike, get the BT010 for the front and the BT020 for the back. If you want something with a little more grip, put the BT010 on both the front and back or choose from one of their racing tires like the BT012.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by speedvlaze
"Brickstone" makes a damn good tire. If there were Bridgestone touring tires on it when you bought it, then what did you expect? Touring tires are touring tires. If you want a great road tire combination for your bike, get the BT010 for the front and the BT020 for the back. If you want something with a little more grip, put the BT010 on both the front and back or choose from one of their racing tires like the BT012.
Thanks. I'll check those out too.

I didn't expect anything, I just thought it was crazy that someone would have those type tires on this type bike.

LOK

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i have a suggestion. why doesnt anybody warm up their tires. i never have any problems when i ride because i get them warm. i have dunlop 208's and have gone through 2 rear tires.

·
Registered
156 Posts
im rollin on 208's and have absolutly no problem with them....they warm up pretty quickly and IMO stick pretty damn good....i do most of my riding on the street and the occasional curvy roads and they seem to be wearing just fine...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have tried dunlop 208, bridge 010, bridge 012, and avon. They are all good EXCEPT Avon. I had the Avon on a different bike and it was the av46 azaro, it sucked real bad, rock hard. Right now I am running the 012 and it is great, pretty much a tie with the Dunlop 208 ( I think there is a 208gp that is supposed to be REALLY sticky)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
sticky after you warm the up;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
the 208gp is very sticky, however will not last very long on the street, especially if your riding hard. and it will take longer to warm up than the 208 zr. alot of riders tend to run a more track orientated tire on the street because they want something as sticky as possiblw. but tires are devoloped to work in certain temperature range, a track tire needs alot of heat in it to be "warmed up" and sticky. chances are your probably not riding that hard enough on the street to really keep the gp in its optimal operating temp. in fact if you ride on the zr on the other hand its designed for the street and lower temps.. so it will last longer, warm up faster, and stick just as good, unless your going absolutely balls out on it:D i think you'd be happier with the stickier, and longer lasting zr.

·
Registered
156 Posts
hrmmmmn i dunno my gp seems to be heating up fine after riding in 70 deg for about 2-3 miles or so....only reason ive gotten it is because i bought it used for $75 and was used for one day at the tracks...as far as im concerned it feels better than the old mich that was on there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.