Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where i can find aftermarket bodywork for the ninja zx-6R?

I know of Eurobikes, but i want to know if there are other sites or places that have different styles...

thanks,
bj

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys... but i was thinkin more along the lines of, aftermarket street legal upper fairings... like the ducati front on eurobikes.com...

i herd of some place called 'enigma sportbikes?' or something like that... anyone know a website i can get any of their stuff from? i heard they have an upper fairing that looks pretty hot...

·
Registered
322 Posts
These guys have a couple more designs...
http://www.rhencullen.co.uk/kaw1.htm

What you might try is a race upper and put in you own lights...like projectors or something. More unique and a lot cheaper.

Here's one where they used a race fairing and put in three PIAA's.

Diirk
'99 ZX6R
'02 Raptor
'01 Wolverine
'87 Radian

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks fellas, thats some hot shit on those sites... maybe ill try getting race fairings and build it myself like you said...

but matching paint is gonna b a bitch... and I'll have to design my own headlamp system won't I?

·
Registered
322 Posts
BJ:
I was worrying about the lighting too.
I appears that the OPP site has what you need for legal lighting.
I think it's about $250 for the pair.
Comparable to what you'd pay for a set of illegal PIAA's.
So what about matching paint...just repaint it, or integrate the existing paint into your new scheme.

What parts do you need and which parts are you retaining? What color scheme is you bike. I'm sure we could come up with a few (dozen) suggestions....

Diirk
'99 ZX6R
'02 Raptor
'01 Wolverine
'87 Radian

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
basically i have damage on the upper fairing and lamp system... brackets gone... scratches cracks... a fedex truck cut me off and i did a super stoppie into the pavement...

but bike runs like new... wierdly enuff...

I want to switch out the upper fairing and lamp system... thats all im worried about. Right now, i painted my windscreen, and furred the upper fairing. I dont really wanna fur out my whole bike... even though i think i could make it work. I was hopin to just go ahead and get a whole new front for my bike.

i gotta 2000 green/blk. damage was isolated in the upper fairing and some scratched on the tail (luckily it landed on my back when i forward looped it)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well...
If it's in your budget, go for the fairing/lighting setup from OPPRACING.COM. That looks to be the best configuration I've seen so far. It doesn't have to be CF so you can save some cash there and have it painted yourself.
Besides, anything to get rid of the fur...
We might be able to get a help fund together for those in need of fur removal. We can call it the 6R Epilady Fund, for the removal of fur.

Remember...Fur is Murder.

Diirk
'99 ZX6R
'02 Raptor
'01 Wolverine
'87 Radian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.