Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a true story, I'm not here to BS. I live in Mesa, AZ and I was cruising this past Friday down the street, no helmet, just sunglasses. (yes, squid style) Anyway, I was heading home when I noticed some flashing lights coming up from behind on the left lane; I was in the middle lane. I don't know why this cop was going to pull me over, I guess I was speeding but for some odd reason, I felt like having a good chase. I know, you're probably thinking I'm an idiot, and I probably am...but I just didn't want to deal with the ticket and at the same time wanted a good rush. (I think it's the ghost rider videos or something) So I drop it two gears from 5th to 3rd and just jet! The light ahead of me is red so I bust a quick right and punch it all the way to 120mph (45mph zone), I really could not go faster because I had sunglasses and my eyes were watering too much and couldn't see that well. I continued straight for about 2 miles when I decided to make a right. The cop was so far behind he was nothing more than a speck of dust on the horizon. As I'm approaching the intersection on the right lane I see another cop standing there watching construction workers and he immediately starts walking quickly in my direction. I'm thinking to myself, oh fuck, now I'm really in deep shit. I end up making a split decision and veer left and wait franticly for the cars to make their turn so I can blow through the red light. Meanwhile the cop is yelling, "hey you, stop right there....police stop!" As soon as the last car made his turn in front of me I bust a left and just PUNCHED it again...the cop was only meters away! By now I'm thinking I really got to get the fuck back to my place and just close the garage and hide. So I go about another 2 miles and bust a quick left onto one of the side streets and keep a cruising distance behind another truck. So guess what happens next, yep, another cop comes from the opposite direction and as soon as I pass him I notice in my rear view mirror that he's making a U-turn. Oh shit, here I go again...so I downshift it 2 gears and fly by the truck in front of me. By now my heart is pumping really fast and I start getting more reckless and blow through several stop signs before I make a right and then another right followed by a quick left into a upper class neighborhood. All three cops by the way are so behind I'm thinking I lost them and since I know the back roads pretty well all I have to do is follow the "yellow brick road" and I'll be home in no time! Well, as I'm driving through the neighborhood I look up and see a helicopter. (this is about 3 min after the first cop tried to chase me) Now I'm really feeling hopeless and decide to try to hit the airport and lose the air patrol. As soon I try to exit the neighborhood onto one of the main roads I see another cop coming and as soon as he sees me turns on the lights and cuts me off. I was only going about 15 mph, I could of easily gone around him but since I had the helicopter on me, no helmet, and no gear...I said "fuck it". I put the kickstand down, turned off the bike and did exactly what the police officer told me as he had his gun pointed at me. In only a matter of minutes there were about 10 cop cars and one motorcycle cop all around me.
To make a long story short, I end up staying ONLY one night in county jail before the judge released me on my own recognizance. I think it was my good looks (hehe) that got me out so soon...becuase everyone kept telling me I got lucky! I was charged with: (exactly how its stated) 1) UNLAW FLIGHT FROM LAW ENF VEH (class 5 felony) 2) AGGRESSIVE DRIVING (class 1 misd.) 3)DUI-LIQUOR/DRUGS/VAPORS/COMBO (class 1 misd.) 4) DUI/DRUGS/METABOLITE (class 1 misd.) (they thought I was high because my eyes were so red from the wind speed and they made me do a pee test...unfortunately I think that came back positive because i'm in college and hung out with some homeboys the night before if you know what i mean!) 5) RECKLESS DRIVING (class 2 misd.) 6) FAIL TO OBEY POLICE OFFICER (class 2 misd). and lastly 7) Exceed Limit By 20/45 MPH (class 3 misd.)
I didn't put this story here to brag about running from cops or anything, nothing to brag about to begin with, I put it here so you can learn from others mistakes.
I think I picked the worse day to run from cops on top of it all, I was driving a Black 2006 ZX-6R with a full akrapovic exhaust and PCIIIusb with a "RED" Ferrari shirt and...and...every cop was ALREADY out looking for a serial killer who they actually caught the very same day! Just my luck eh! Now I hope I can dig myself out of this mess!
Oh yea, the police impounded my bike for 30 days minimum!, which will cost over a $1000.00 dollars to get back. Next time I think I'll just pull over...what do you think?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think you should have rode some sick wheelies and shit when the chopper was on you beacause footage from the air is really expensive and you could have taped it and gotten it for free when it was on TV for America's Biggest F#@k-ups.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by GT636
I think you should have rode some sick wheelies and shit when the chopper was on you beacause footage from the air is really expensive and you could have taped it and gotten it for free when it was on TV for America's Biggest F#@k-ups.
I probably would have if I had a helmet!

·
Registered
96 Posts
if your going to run make sure you got what you need to run. gear, helmet and balls. your lucky your ass didnt get killed. 2 weeks ago 2 morons here in brooklyn tryed to be cute and run wearing german helments. they got hit buy a van and threy had to close the highway for 3 hours to pick up there body parts. They even found there jaw detached from there face. plus you just got the bike why would you risk 9000 investment for a 200 ticket. lol you think your going to dig your self out . it will take a while. and thats after you get raped by the insurance company . take it easy man [:Dumbass]

·
Registered
380 Posts
At least you know you screwed up. Sounds like you'd do it all over again though if you had all your gear on. Maybe you didn't learn your lesson? Hope you get your bike back in one piece and don't repeat the adventure...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dude, I use to live in AZ. How did you expect to outrun the police when all of the streets run North/South and East/West for miles in each direction without a single turn? The roads in AZ are straight as hell. The law in AZ allows people to be squids, i.e. no helmet law, but that's no excuse not to wear your gear. (Steeler's QB).

You could've saved thousands of dollars if you didn't run. No wonder motorcycle insurance was so expensive in AZ!

[:Opps1]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by zx6reign
Dude, I use to live in AZ. How did you expect to outrun the police when all of the streets run North/South and East/West for miles in each direction without a single turn? The roads in AZ are straight as hell. The law in AZ allows people to be squids, i.e. no helmet law, but that's no excuse not to wear your gear. (Steeler's QB).

You could've saved thousands of dollars if you didn't run. No wonder motorcycle insurance was so expensive in AZ!

[:Opps1]
I have out run cops in AZ, 3 times actually but always at night. I just picked the wrong time and day to do it!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not that I have ever ran from the fuzz, but that's pretty risky considering the straightness of the roads there and the fact that a helicopter can easily spot you.

I guess the question of the hour is (will you continue to do this in the future once you get your bike back?)

Originally posted by LUV2RIDENINJA

I have out run cops in AZ, 3 times actually but always at night. I just picked the wrong time and day to do it!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Put that Ghost Rider Video on again, look closely, right in the beginnig it says: THESE RIDERS ARE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THESE STUNTS.....

ONLY ghost rider is the man, although I think he would be able to outrun choppers and stuff if he had a ZX-10R!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you really had the balls you would stop and take the consequences of what you did...I got pulled over for doing 90 in a 40 and after being yelled and and then complimented....and then told to lock up my bike at night..the cop let me go with a warning...I think its better to stop then to end up dead for no good reason.....oh and wheelies on the freeway are not a good thing....today a rider died after doing a wheelie on the interstate he was in full gear....http://elpasotimes.com/news/ci_4144888

·
Registered
323 Posts
Being on 2 wheels doesn't make you superman; didn't anybody ever tell you not to run from cops? your not an idiot, oh yeah thats going to be in your records for quite awhile.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Put the keys down, and step away from the bike slowly. Then sell it on eBay RIGHT NOW.

Seriously, you should give up riding forever. You are the wrong type of person to be on a bike responsibly.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
haha, now i don't feel as bad for getting pulled for 122mph in a 55 zone. but i didn't try to run either.

1 - 20 of 302 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.