Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I did something really dumb. I started my bike the other day and I guess I spaced out because I accidentally hit the starter button again! When I did that the FI light came on. I have a two Brothers exhaust with the fix on it and have never had a problem. What could this be? It still runs great. The light is driving me nuts though. Please help

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
well you gotta pull the codes first, i'm willing to bet the servo bracket came loose & it was just a coincidence that it happened when you accidentally hit the starter button again, that won't hurt it that bad as long as your not laying on it for a while or that often

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
well you gotta pull the codes first, i'm willing to bet the servo bracket came loose & it was just a coincidence that it happened when you accidentally hit the starter button again, that won't hurt it that bad as long as your not laying on it for a while or that often
u can hit the starter as often as you want once its running.

the starter gear doesnt engage the ring gear, after its running. the starter spins, but doesnt kick out to the ring gear.

i use it that way to help trigger stop lights. the magnetic field thats created..sometimes helps.

but i agree...prob the FI fix came loose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I played around with the servo. The bracket and everything seems tight, I can't make the motor turn at all. When the bike is on the motor turns fine. How exactly do I read the code? I know which wire it is, I'm just electrically challenged and don't know how exactly to ground it. Any hep you can give me would be great.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
you initiated the self destruct sequence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts