Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got off work around 11pm last monday night. just finishe working 3 back to back doubles, and some more hours the day before. all togather all to gather 50 hours 3 days. so anyways, i pull out off my office, and on to the toll road, (no posted speed limit sigh) so i take a guess that the speed limit is 60 since it is a 4 lane highway. i pass a cop and dont think anything of it. and i start comming up an a car so i realize that im speeding and slow down. the i see a suv cop on the service road hauling ass. he gets on the highway and is way ahead of me, then a suv cop comes up behind me. the suv ahead of me slowed down, then got right in front of me. well the i got pulled over. 78 in a 55. i just wasnt paying attention. so i got a ticket for 23 over. i cant be mad since it was my fault, but it would have been nice if the cop was a little more understanding, instead of just assuming that i was some punk biker. but i was in the wrong so i cant bitch about it to much, ill just take defensive driving, in a week or so and be done with it.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Any points? Or is the course getting rid of them?

G

·
Originally posted by helo-pilot
would have been nice if the cop was a little more understanding,
[:M59] aint gonna happen

its funny how the people who speed all the time seem to never get caught, while the ones who every once in a while go a lil faster than normal w/o realizing it, never get a break.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they dont do points down here. not exactly sure how pints work any ways. i hear people talk about them here on the forum, but since we dont have them i dont understand them.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,412 Posts
Cool that you manned up, stupid that they flanked you and shit. They were probably in a push to meet quota or something. (lol I still don't even know if they really have quotas or if it's just a rumor)

It does suck that they hit you full on...usually they'll give a biker a break if he pulls over right away and is cooperative. Were they at least courteous (or at least professional)? It's irritating when a cop pulls you over and is rude from the get-go. I've been hit with citations for some stupid stuff I did before, but I was very courteous to the cop, and after a while of it he started being much more courteous to me (he was pissed at first because he thought I was running from him when I really was just hauling ass and had no idea he was behind me).

Oh well...I consider this stuff 'sportbike tax'. =)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by dragknt
Cool that you manned up, stupid that they flanked you and shit. They were probably in a push to meet quota or something. (lol I still don't even know if they really have quotas or if it's just a rumor)

It does suck that they hit you full on...usually they'll give a biker a break if he pulls over right away and is cooperative. Were they at least courteous (or at least professional)? It's irritating when a cop pulls you over and is rude from the get-go. I've been hit with citations for some stupid stuff I did before, but I was very courteous to the cop, and after a while of it he started being much more courteous to me (he was pissed at first because he thought I was running from him when I really was just hauling ass and had no idea he was behind me).

Oh well...I consider this stuff 'sportbike tax'. =)
no they were nice, it just sucks.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well an update. i called today and found out how much money my ticket is going to cost me. and the good news is that it is only going to cost me $295. the bad news is that it is about $290 more than i currently have. so hopefully all i will have to pay for is defensive driving and court costs, and not the actual ticket its self. but if i do have to pay for the ticket, i am going to go and ask the judge if he will lower it.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636

[:M59] aint gonna happen

its funny how the people who speed all the time seem to never get caught, while the ones who every once in a while go a lil faster than normal w/o realizing it, never get a break.

dude tell me about it. I dont speed very often, and my buddie sdo all the time. ONe time, driving in my car, I was following one of my friends, cause i had no idea where i was going, he was driving like an ass, and i get pulled over. I was pissed!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by helo-pilot
...just assuming that i was some punk biker...

Unfortunately that's life, brother. On this type of bike, their safest assumption is that you're an ass that is just out to break laws, because that's the kind of person they meet the most. But it's true on any kind of bike, unless you get lucky and have a cop that also rides and recognizes that some of us are normal people who like 2 less wheels than most. In this area a lot of cops ride cruisers (of course Harleys in specific,) so they're even more biased against those of us that like to have our ass even with our wrists.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
20 mph and over in VA is wreckless and you'd be spending a whole lot more than 300 dollars on that ticket. That's not to mention you'd would probably be losing your license for 6 months on top of that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.