Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so recently ive gone -1 in the front. before then i was doing standups on the front pegs (bouncing) and clutching up 1st and second..i hadnt hit the BP then but i just started doing staggered standups and i can ride them a lot further (maybe im at the BP at some point durin the wheelie). i also clutch them up now and second comes up a hell of a lot easier..i dont think im at the BP though still..whats it feel like? i always cover the rear brake but never use it because i just chop the throttle, is that normal? is it just a mind thing where i just have to say fuck it and give it a little more throttle to get to the BP? someone once told me it almost feels like the bike "pops" in to the balance point and you'll know right away

·
Registered
854 Posts
no it doesn't pop into balance point nor does it feel special...it's just where you balance the bike and that results in the bike not acceleraing any more...people make a big deal out of balance point and it's really not..not saying it's easy to ride balance point but don't look at it like balance point is something great...you will know when you're at balance point because you will not be accelerating any more...but if you're a little under balance point you might think you're not acclerating but you're actualy accelerating slowly

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
to me it feels like the front end is floating it feels really light. as long as you are on the rear brake just throttle it up and keep going and youll know when you get there

·
Registered
276 Posts
i find when i ride both front pegs it almost feels like im going to drag the tail and then i will just stay at the same RPMs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
for me the front wheel will come up and then when it gets to a certain point the front seems to stop coming up and the back end starts moving foward beneath you. then the bike will just kinda "cruise" up there. the bike should feel relaxed. think happy haha. if the bike is still snarling then you got more to go, the bike should hum happily. really though, use imagery, well i think its imagery.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by vettjd01
its a kawasaki 636, not honda. Slow down, youre going to kill yourself. Youre somewhat close to bp, still far ways to go tho.

BTW, i like the end.
it isnt a honda??!?!? :D dude its a joke..i hate hondas so my friend was bustin my balls

why do i need to "slow down"? ive been riding for 2 years and ive got about 14k miles this season alone

·
Registered
854 Posts
i think he ment slow down your wheelies as in go slower...try first gear on staggered standups

·
Registered
854 Posts
well yeah it's twitchy-----er than second but you gotta learn throttle control...if we can ride sprocketed bikes in first then you can ride your stock 1st gear...my 3rd is something like your 1st...it's not harder to get bp, 1st is just shorter than 2nd so your wheelie lasts longer in 2nd because you're not at bp...learn first gear, it will force you to get to bp and learn throttle control

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.