Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dude dont get down on yourself. It takes time. Your not going to master it in a month, two months etc.... IT TAKES TIME. Just keep practicing and you will get there. Not everyone is made to be a "stunter." They are skilled people who take the sport with passion and do nothing else but stunt every day to become better and better at doing what they love. Dont give up just take it slow and eventually you will be ripping wheelies perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I guess you are right but I need to get another bike to be stunting on. I come down on that pavement like It raped my mother! My 02' is too nice for me to f up so quickly. I need a grunge bike[}:)]

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
OMG!! I am astonished at my inability to do wheelies. I only started doing them about a month ago and I thought my progress was improving very well. Until yesturday.[V] I went out to the usual place I go to practice but this time I took a friend of mine to video tape me. I thought I was da man when I was really da child. Before we had talked about "Wheelies" and "Wees" well I think i'm up to the "w" on wee and not even a capital w:(. Maybe stunting is just not for me.

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm not really one to be giving wheelie advise, but if you're having trouble getting the front up, you may wanna choke your wrist up on the throttle a bit. That's worked well for me when the front felt heavy. I suppose I only do the wee's, and when I do get 'em up past 6 inches, I put it down probably even faster than it comes upLOL. Doesn't seem hard on the bike though

·
Registered
695 Posts
cyber...

as rdandy stated, I'm not either one that is a wheelie pro and probably shouldn't be giving out advice...but here is what I think some of your problem is...

by the way you stated your post...you are down on yourself. You wouldn't believe it, but confidence plays a HUGE role in doing wheelies on 600s. Mostly because you have to crank the ever living shit out of the throttle (if your bike is basically stock that is) and that requires some confidence and guts at first.

THE FRONT WILL COME UP! I promise you. Before I started doing wheelies I was CONVINCED...and I mean CONVINCED that my 6R was not powerfull enough to do wheelies...until I had a few people get on it and stand that f*cker up and ride it out for almost 1/4. They did that with no practice on my bike at all....they weren't familar with the how my throttle may be a little different or how the overall feel and argonomics of my bike were a little different....they just did it.

That means....YOUR BIKE CAN WHEELIE...just give it a shit load of gas and some confidence...and your wheel will be up before you know it!

btw...what kind of wheelies are you shooting for....

I'm not wheeliepimp or minitricker, but I'm starting to get down

1st gear sit down or stand ups
2nd gear stand up...and somewhat sit downs....for some reason 2nd gear sit downs don't come up as easy for me.

balance point is what I'm battling now. It was getting my wheel up...but now its fighting the frieghting feeling of looping because I'm trying to find the balance point.

Somethings to keep in mind...

1. KEEP IT SIMPLE...don't think about shit too much.
2. Body position. When you crank that throttle...make sure you don't subconsciously lean forward because of an instinct that tells you do keep the wheel down. That was my biggest problem.
3. Gas, Gas, Gas. Got to give that sucker some good solid gas...and don't let up too soon.

_________

2002 ZX6R NINJA!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Good advice marine...I'm still trying to get my bike up too. Good thoughts bro!

"While Ben-Diesel performs in a civilized manner, he’s also capable of AMA 600cc Supersport performance."

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
oh don't get me wrong. I have no problem getting the bike up. it's just that once i get it up my life flashes before my eyes and i poop my pants, shut the throttle, slam the back brake and take a nose dive to the pavement like it was the ground's fault that made me do it.:D
i just CAN'T get over that fear factor. In my mind iI thought I was riding out the wheelies for at least 10 seconds but as I said before, when I saw it in video it was a different story(3seconds more like it[V]) But anyway thanks for the tips. They all help build confidence that I can actually do it. ...baby steps, baby steps...
...to be continued

NYC potholes SUCK!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.