Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bike is leaking gas out of the back of the carbs not the the vacuum hose, not the fuel line from the petcock, but the line going from the back of the space between 1 and 2 and the space between 3 and 4. The Ts up from the overflow of the gas tank then goes out the right side of the bike.

What would make gas flow out of these two hoses?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm leaking outta the back of the carb on cylinder 1 as well. Been looking for info all day on it, off and on. I plan to clean my carbs and make sure the float's not getting stuck or anything. Aside from that, perhaps a rebuild, but I can't find any rebuild kits. Good luck with diagnosing your issue, though. May be a while before I get around to cleaning mine, but I'll post on whether it clears things up or not when it happens. Might be your problem as well.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Be careful, i had the same issue and didn't take care of it soon enough and my bike caught on fire.... I mean BLAZE... lol. The o-rings in those fittings are bad and need to be replaced, pretty easy, just takes some time and the carbs need to be re-synced when you are done as you need to remove the butterflies.
Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts