Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its more like a light rattle on deceleration its not the clutch i suspect timing chain tensioner??????? is this a comman problem on the g2?does anyone know and are they a difficult job i`m a car mechanic so not scared to pull her 2 pieces.....

·
Registered
246 Posts
My 1998 CCT rattled like rocks rollin' in a tin can. So I ordered one from Ronayers.com (a 2001 CCT, remodeled but fits the same, supposedly better made).
Take off the tank, It's located behind the frame on the right side of the engine, Its in a tight spot. I used a ratchet with an extended elbow , I couldn't fit a straight extension. Then just Replace it with new one. It was the first time I did it. It took me no more than an hour to do 'cause I was being very careful, But if I had to do it again, it would only take me 20 minutes.
I'm glad I did it myself,no more rattle, My mechanic,Jimmy, would have raped me.(Nothing personal Jimmy)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now thats what i call a parts dealer especially like the online microfiche.cheers for that mate BIG help...

·
Registered
812 Posts
This might be a stupid question, but have you replaced your clutch or brake levers with aftermarket ones lately? If so the problem might be just the lever rattling. Try putting your fingers on the levers when you hear the rattling sound and see if it goes away. I had the very same problem on my 250.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.