Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm fairly new to the bike scene, got my 6R like 4 months ago and have logged around 2700 miles already, can't get enough of this bike hehehehe[:p]. I know wheelies ain't safe, and that is something to learn on your bike, not reading from a forum, but tips would be welcome. I accidentally popped one like a month ago, when I thought I had engaged 2nd gear pulling hard from a stop, and when I realized I was in neutral and shifted with high revs, the front lifted for a couple seconds. Man what a rush!!!!! got a little nervous but loved the feeling!!! any good advice people??:D

·
Registered
717 Posts
Ill be nice cause your new here.;) try going to the Stunters Corner section and you will find what you are looking for. also use the search button on the main page and you will get hundreds of results. that is the most popular question on here and people just dont answer it anymore. try those two things and im sure youll find what your looking for:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey usmc...thanks for the info!!! I'm gonna start bouncing as soon as I get the sliders installed and find a quiet spot to practice:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10-4. I have them already, have to take the bike to a friend of mine to do them, and sure thing I'll be in full gear. Sidetrack - does lowering your bike really affect the handling in a negative way? I've ridden my friend's cbr 954 which is lowered, and another friend's r6 and they seem to handle better in corners, but I've read here that it is not a good thing to do because of handling issues. One thing's for sure, I saw a lowered 636 on a mag and it looks a meany badass!![}:)]

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would recommend a stunt cage too...when you're doing a wheelie, you're likely to have the bike come back down violently if you mess up. It'll be worth the $250 or whatever they cost because a new fairing costs that much alone. You would break more than that if you messed up...trust me =/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was trying some stuff yesterday at a parking lot, could lift twice but didn't stay up for long...practice, practice...still need the sliders installed...man I'm developing an addiction...:D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Who the hell lowers a sportbike?... Oh yeah a [:Squid] If you are thinking about lowering your 636, don't do it. And if you think you should be doing wheelies right now, don't. Try getting your throttle control way more precise, getting a few more 5k miles under your belt, and a steering damper before you start banging wheelies. But if you really want to do wheelies clutch it up.[}:)]

·
Registered
22 Posts
if you're gonna start doin wheelies buddy you better be willing to dish out some cash for any damage you (hopefully) wont do , if you cant afford to pay for repairs then dont wheelie cos you'll only be heart broken when your on your ass in the road surrounded by pieces of your bike !! thats the reality , by the way , dont bother lowering your bike, it makes hardly any difference to the ride unless you're a dwarf and you cant reach the floor, ride safe dude !

ps just a tip -- my friend pulled his first wheelie last year and was seen by the cops , they did him for wreckless riding and got a megga fine so take it easy .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Before you walk you need to learn how to crawl. same thing here. you need to learn how to use the cluth and gas right . controll your bike effortlessly , be able to dip into corners and make sharp turns. then you can think about doing stunts. its like racing a drag car and you still have your driving permit. you buy a bike to enjoy it not get killed. 2 weeks ago 2 guys got killed while doing wheelies on the highway. they found body peaces about a quatermile down the highway. be carefull

·
Registered
171 Posts
I do not recommend using the clutch. 1st, you will destroy your clutch, second, it isnt very controlled. use power and bouncing to bring it up. takes longer, but much more controlled.

--Nate

·
Registered
374 Posts
ok zulu lets start with how to control a wheelie, dont want to loop it.. first practice using just the rear brake in a parking lot. you want to develop a feel of the rear brake without locking up the rear tire. then pick your method (clutch up in 1st or power up) the rear brake is a bailout in case you bring it up to fast or over gas it..
just ask MAX

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7233674656360644181&q=biaggi

·
Registered
579 Posts
What? Don't clutch it up? Power wheelies put more fucked up stress on the motor than anything. Yeah, burn the clutch? You fuck the clutch up more when you take off from a stop than you do clutching a wheelie up. Plus you run out of gear when you power up a wheelie. Zulu for real don't try wheelies until you get better with actually riding, or else you are going to hurt yourself.[B)] Unless that's what you want?[:p]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Learn how NOT to wheelie instead.. :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
Originally posted by Sanjose636
Who the hell lowers a sportbike?... Oh yeah a [:Squid] If you are thinking about lowering your 636, don't do it. And if you think you should be doing wheelies right now, don't. Try getting your throttle control way more precise, getting a few more 5k miles under your belt, and a steering damper before you start banging wheelies. But if you really want to do wheelies clutch it up.[}:)]
ur a nut clutcher! What in the fucc does lowering your bike have to do with a squid..... Mines stock height so not that im defending myself but its cosmetics, not "squid like" or whatever that means. I think who eva came up with that term needs to be shot. Ill do the shooting..... If ur a sissy fucc and want to wear ya gear 100% of the time.. (im talking full leathers, gloves, boots etc) (helmets are a must) then do so... but ur not a fuccin pro i havent sen you on TV and and you cant knock the next man for not doin so....It dont take 5k miles and a dampner to wheelie u sissy....

And to the Original poster.... just practice man and get comfortable with your bike at 9-10 o clock and feather the throttle and your there....

·
Registered
579 Posts
First off don't effin come here and flame me, Ass Clown. If you would have read my post clearly it says a FEW 5K miles dick wad. And for the full gear thing, I don't wear full fuckin gear on the street all the damn time. Only for twisties and track days. And frankly, lowering your bike isn't cosmetic. If you're not dragging your bike at a race strip and your bike is lowered, then you're doing it for people to look at you and go " OOOHHH he's got a lowered crotch rocket, he's cool." If you want to own a bike for looks then you're a FUCKING SQUID or a FUCKING POSER. You choose which one you are ****. Oh and FYI the word SQUID came from Socal surfers you douche bag. Fucking idiot.

Edit: If you ppl are banging wheelies without dampers you better hope you come down straight every single time. Kaw boy I'll ride fucking circles around your ass all day at the track. Dickhead

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.