Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tried to get 2nd up but i cannot.. i try to bounce it but i get all wobblie.. i have tried to glucth it. and get it up less then a foot. i ride at about 7000 and then clutch up... but little... what should i do more of...

·
Registered
64 Posts
get going about 30 in 2nd, probably 5000 rpm or so then floor it. once your at wot, slip the clutch. let the rpm rise to about 10 -11 grand then pop the clutch out. once you get good, you can do it at higher speeds. start slower. Also, I promise as soon as you slip the clutch , you are leaning forward and cutting the throttle. make sure you leave it at wot untill you get as hgh as you wat then start cutting it. It takes practice, lots of it to get used to it and get consistant. dont get frustrated and get mad, thats when youll hurt yourself. just go slow. It took me about 2 months of practice to be able to pull them up good. hope this works.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by Miami636
the opposite of "not going anywhere" [:eek:)]
haha lmao[:M68] the thing that i've learned about learning any trick is that nearly the first hundred times you try it wont do anything you gotta just keep on doin it over and over. as for your bounce wobble, i used to get the same thing and im pretty sure it happens cos your tryin to pull on the bars which you dont need to do. im just really starting to get mine(bouncing in 2nd) and what im learning is its all about the timing and the crack of the throttle you really gotta hit it hard. the thing is your body wont let you hit it hard enuff till its ready and the only way it learns or becomes ready is trial and error, error being not coming up. so over and over again is what you need to do you may look like a retard but who cares right?[8D]

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks.
Another Question, While clutching these 2nd gear wheelies, have any of you broke your clutch cables, or messed something up?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Originally posted by a007sniper
Thanks.
Another Question, While clutching these 2nd gear wheelies, have any of you broke your clutch cables, or messed something up?
You can burn up clutches and death to tires!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I get my 2003 636 up in 3rd gear. But you have to synchronise throttle, clutch, and strong pull on the bars. Basicaly first 100 times you wont get it, as it says in upper post. It takes practice.

·
Registered
226 Posts
When trying a 2nd gear clutch wheelie, when you pull in the clutch and rev up to wot, when you release the clutch do you ease it off or do you let go fast? I was trying alittle last night and all it would do is jump forward. Im sure i was doing something wrong

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
look here i had the same problem as u all till i read SMB123 post on r6 board (R.I.P) after i read his post it only took about 4 tries to get it up (not balanced thats another story)
heres the dealio

For learners do this go 50mph roll the throttle 1/4 till u get to 60mph (dont let off the throttle ever) Give the pegs a good bounce a double bounce if needed (1 light then 1 hard) to really compress the forks. When the forks are compressed near the bottem of the bounce give it 2/3 throttle. (harder you bounce less gas u will need) Its mainly timing and dont worry about looping it get mad at it. it helps to practise the motion a couple of times before actually trying to get the wheel up.

If your doing this your proble doing it wrong.

going 50mph bouncing then Wide open throttle. (wrong)
the slight acceleration helps shift the weight to the back.

Just remember to never let off the gas so its 1/4 throttle BOUNCE at end of bounce 2/3 throttle to WOT.

U just have to play with it alittle to get the timeing down and how much gas is needed. I have a slow mo bounce video if anyone wants it just pm me ill send it to u via icq, yahoo, or aim. might help you .

Be safe

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FINALLY last nigth... i got the damm 2nd up and going...... my problem was that i was sitting to forward... i move my self back and got it up... but.. i clutch it... i try to bounce by i lose my balance i tend to move the bike sideways alittle.
>>>>>>>>>>>>//////////////////----------

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If in the bounce you lose balance you're either not pushing equally with your legs or you're pulling on the bike to bring it up. Don't pull on the bike. It should just come up by itself.

There is no need to clutch a 600 to bring it up in 2nd. But whatever works for you. Be careful, and ride safe. (Wear gear)

·
Registered
266 Posts
the bad thing about the bounce, is you might break the peg and can cause you to crash or just riding for 30 miles with out a peg sucks. i seen my boy break the peg on his R1

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
r1's are known for shitty pegs :) did you do a stand up or sit down?

Prac with the clutch if you want to do more stuff like tank wheelies and other things if just reg stand ups is all you want to do master the bounce less wear and tear on the bike. best to learn both though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.