Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2001 ZX6R. i'm looking for good lift in second. What would the reactshion of the bike if I went down a tooth in the front. BUT I am jeting it in the summer hopefully with a full system pipe. or maybe hold off on gearing until jet and pipe in place. ???? thanks all

"ON ONE WHEEL" :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went from 15 to 14 tooth in the front on my 98 zx6r and it's one of the best mod I did so far, it's cheap to do and I can see the difference in acceleration and wheelies. the only inconvenient is that the speedometer is not accurate , you go a little slower than what it shows.

better be scared to death than bored to death

·
Registered
53 Posts
while wheelies may be slightly easier with one tooth down in front, don't count on easy wheelies in second....even with a pipe and jetting, there's no such thing as an easy wheelie in second on a zx-6r....unless you've done some pretty drastic mods.... that's just my opinion, but I'd be willing to bet that most would agree

P.S. I went down one in the front and up five in the rear and second gear wheelies still aren't that easy...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree to that , if you want to wheelie in second it will have to be a stand up wheelie , but it's possible , I've seen a guy do a stand up wheelie in 3rd on a stock zx6r.

better be scared to death than bored to death

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.