Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Vinny (aka jester aka wingman aka slut) and I went to ACH on Saturday. It wasn't much of a ride but it was chill. I ended up going to Topanga CYN on my own after riding w/ Vince.

It was a chill ride from PCH to Muholland Dr. I actually got really comfortable w/ the the last 4-5 turns on the northern end. At one point, I felt my knee puck tap the ground :eek: .. I was like whoa, ok. Took the next right turn to a long left sweep. Slid the puck for a good 2 solid seconds :D (first time ever). Tapped it again on the last turn so I decided to make a U-turn back towards PCH...

When I passed about 10 turns I was gonna make another U-turn and do the same last set of turns to go home. I never got to make the U-turn tho. I came up on an area wide enough for me to pull over into the shoulder and turn around after traffic passed. I came in slow and I swear the ground looked different 15ft away than it did at 2ft. It was too late. I braked gently the whole time and put my legs out to the side to help. The front wheel sank in the gravel, locked up, and slammed me down on my right shoulder. It hooked up good in there, unfortunately.

Full leathers btw. Not a scratch on me. Hurt my back picking it up. My boots slipped in the gravel and I used my back to keep it from falling again. Bad idea but it was an instant reaction, I was lifting w/ my knees at first.

I don't have internet at my place right now so I'll be on when I can. I'm gonna be looking for a replacement left upper fairing. I think the lower one can be saved. Sorry for the phone pics but thats all I got right now. If anyone knows any place that now have 07 stock fairings please post a link. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for reading, and thanks to the two riders helping me out, and the guy in the truck who stopped on a dime as soon as he saw me. THe whole experience sucked.

bonus pic!! lol .. what can I say, it was pretty exciting until I fell :(

·
Registered
364 Posts
oh man sliders would have been priceless at that moment.....

the puck hitting/scraping the ground would have been the memorable moment

sorry bro

N

·
0 Posts
that sux

story is a little similar to mine, when i wrecked (at the track tho) shortly after dragging knee for the first time :(

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Doesn't look too bad. No cracks or anything. Just get it resprayed and you'll be good.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I know about the sliders. I got them already. That gravel was kinda deep too, and it had some pretty big rocks in it. I know the sliders would've helped minimize it. The cellphone pics aren't great, the fairing IS cracked. This was on Topanga CYN, not Muholland. I'll be getting it fixed asap.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sell those fairings you have now on a nesba board or wera forum, and you'll sell them easy. Guys are always looking for rashed up fairings. It doesnt matter what color....because they will probably be painted anyway

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Kawi may make more money off of fairings than the actual bike this year :D

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
New bike? Its not that bad is it? Still rideable just need some new plastics. Cracked can be repaired also..

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Weak...

I'm suprised it's not worse w/o frame sliders...i just laid my bike down on Mulholland last Thursday and i'm glad i had them...When do you guys usually ride? I live in Oxnard right at the bottom of the grade..

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bummer man.. You walked away from it though.
werd

Is Sasha still pissed off? Fairings can be replaced...
nahhhh .. i put her in her place lol

Hang tough bro, the hardest part about this is waiting until you get a new bike :(
ah to dream

New bike? Its not that bad is it? Still rideable just need some new plastics. Cracked can be repaired also..
he means the fact that I still need to get my own bike lol.

All damage is in the plastics only. Already got someone to paint the whole bike (some blemishes on the other side as well) for free :D.

I just ordered a new upper right fairing. Comes painted. $209.05 shipped

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Who is your painter? Seems I have a track bike that will need some paint..when I get plastics and a frame to mount em on lol

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who is your painter? Seems I have a track bike that will need some paint..when I get plastics and a frame to mount em on lol
lol.. Older sister's BF. I haven't seen his work, but we both will after he does it.

I think I'm gonna install the frame sliders this weekend before paint and new fairing can be done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts