Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARRRGGGGHHHHH! Two friends and I were riding down a divided four lane road tonight (two lanes on both sides) Well, we were heading east down this road away from the freeway. We reached a U-turn and all of us made the U-turn. So we ended up heading back west. I was riding behind both of these guys and I was rushing to make it through the yellow light. I made it, but I was not expecting them to be stopping in order to make a U turn to head back the same way from which we came. I slammed on my brakes and locked up the rear wheel. I ran into the back of my buddies bike and his exhaust pipe punctured my radiator, so I could not ride it home. It needs a new left fairing and a radiator, but all the rest of the plastics are cosmetically damaged (including my brand new $1000 moriwaki exhaust). I'm now seriously considering parting out the aftermarket parts on my bike and selling it. I cant stand to have a bike that has been down. It'll never be the same........I'm so fucking pissed right now. You guys have no idea. My bike was freaking perfect about three hours ago. Now its crap :..-( Let me know if you guys want any of the parts....

david c.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
man that really sucks..i know what u mean about not being the same...and just after you put all that stuff in..sucks man...but don't sell it..you'll miss her too much..she justs needs some more parts..it'll look better in the morning

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
you get over it...we all go down...luckily it sounds like you weren't even hurt and it doesn't sound that bad.....

could have been alot worse..

next time use more front brake and less rear ;)

anyhow I felt the same way after I lowsided my bike...it's never going to be perfect again, but that adds charater to your bike...kinda like battle scars.....replace the stuff and try and repress the accidents....

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
You did put a lot of time and effort into your bike. Just keep it and fix it back to the way it was. I haven't been down yet but I know the day is coming. I'm sure I'll feel the same way. If you do decide to part it out let me know. Me and some others I know live in the Houston area also. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I put mine down and was so fkin sick for about a month. Then half the parts were backordered...the insurance company wanted to play games...so on and so forth. I was ready to give up riding and sell the bike. I got it back in the beginning of October..and I was happier then the day I bought it. Now I've started over with the mods, and we're living happily ever after.:D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
what are you asking to get from it if you do sell it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'll probably part out the aftermarket parts and then I'll sell the whole thing for $6000 obo. It doesn't have that much damage and it only has 400 miles on it. Its practically new...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.