Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happened to me last night. Too fast on a road that I didn't know. Out ran my headlight and ran too wide on the corner. I broke my baby bad. I think it's all cosmetic, but I'm going to need new plastics all the way around. Damn, thought I was better than that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That sucks. I know how you feel. I laid mine down 2 days after I got it because some stupid bitch slamed on brakes in front of me while I was in a turn leaning down. All I could do is lay it down or hit her. Smashed my right side faring, breaking it. lucky enough I have a friend in a body shop that took my plastics and painted them and fixed them. Did a great job fixing it, but the "new" was worn off and my knee hurt. The most important thing is your health. Bikes can be fixed. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Glad your Ok doose. I'm sure it looks worse than it is, but it does look really bad...[V]. Get her fixed and get back to riding soon.

Originally posted by IM10-95
That sucks. I know how you feel. I laid mine down 2 days after I got it because some stupid bitch slamed on brakes in front of me while I was in a turn leaning down. All I could do is lay it down or hit her. Smashed my right side faring, breaking it.
Usually to avoid "stupid bitches", I don't lean the bike over when there is a car right in front of me, but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Sucks about your accident. Hopefully the damage is all cosmetic!

·
Registered
277 Posts
How do you turn trig????

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sorry to hear about your get off. It happens to everyone eventually. I have a full set of plastics/lights minus the tank and front fender from and 03 in silver. All they need is orange paint. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
154 Posts
wow.. i was just looking at the picture and the frame slider is completly bent.. now i am starting to wonder if i should get the lsl sliders which is a little more money, but they says its amazing.. and some guys down here even say that vortex is crap, and it looks like u have vortec on yours right? or am i completly wrong?

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,975 Posts
Your pics are blocked on my work computer but sorry to hear about your get-off. It's very easy to outrun the lights. Once it gets dark, I ride just to get home and save the playing for daylight. Hope your bike is good to go mechanically. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
And what sucks is you have the 04 orange. Good luck finding a whole set of those plastics for cheap.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Usually to avoid "stupid bitches", I don't lean the bike over when there is a car right in front of me, but that's just me.

Thanks for the advice. Next time Ill do like you when making a right turn. Go slow and drag my feet. Baby steps is the key huh.

·
Registered
173 Posts
sux you went down man, atleast you're ok from how it sounds. i only have one suggestion, street fighter!!! but it's your bike so have fun with it.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanx for the support guys. I'm going to examine her a little closer this weekend when I actually have time to take all the junked parts off. I forgot to mention that I did ride it home, and aside from having to hold the front on she ran great. I'm just concerned about bent forks since I hit the front pretty hard. Yes, those sliders are Vortex. I guess they did their job and protected the frame and tank but they're bent over so far that it'll be a pain to get them out now.

Man, it's a nice day too. Woulda been perfect for riding.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I might have a lower fairing I can get my hands on. Guy I know replaced his with carbon fiber. He might sell the old one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.