Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was just in chicago and picked up a new pair of gloves. if anyone has problems with the palms falling apart prematurely (thin leather on most) then check out the icon super duty gloves! nice thick leather palms, look cool and only $43US.

anth

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i think it's a cheap glove issue. i go through a pair every year, not sure if it's the thailand climate or sweaty palms [:0] or cheap gloves.....or a mixture of all. but these seem pretty damn thick and don't have any thick padding which is good!
anth

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
i have those very same glove. CRAP i tell you. threads pulling loose. theres several places that are "coming apart" from loose threads. hopefully mine are just BAD and thats not norm for them. b/c other than that i like them. a buddy of mine has like x-large ones and hes had NO problems. i think mine are medium.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the Icon Merc shorts and so far so good. I've only had them for a month or so but I like them. $49 off ebay.

·
Registered
302 Posts
A buddy of mine just bought some of those last week. I had a look and I wasn't very impressed with them. They said I was just being picky because everyone else loved them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have the same gloves, and loved them, but they did start falling apart, but ICON has a 1 year warrenty on there gloves so u can bring them back to the dealer which u purchased them, and return them for a new pair

·
Registered
857 Posts
i like those gloves very comfortable...my buddy boguth a black pair, never comes off on hsi hands thats cheap gloves..and there actually deer skin on parts of it i think not only leather

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
hmmm, I was just wondering bout it. When I was still in school, this weird kid used to wear black leather gloves from band all day ( god knows why ), and every once in a while he would take them off to wipe the sweat off his hands. Everytime he did there would be greenish and blackish stains on his hands that took hard scrubbing to get off.

I see all these sweet colored gloves and was wondering if people walk around with blue and red and green and black hands all the time after biking in the summer weather.

·
Registered
857 Posts
no they don't i also have a black pair of icon gloves pure leather and they never stain my fingers even after long rides...

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I have all Icon gear and have never had a problem with any of the quality, but I have the TiMax gloves which are a lot more beefy.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have icon gear and its great, love it except i bought the jacket to big, loose sleeves flap in the wind when I'm going hard.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had those same gloves and they worked great for a year. They started falling apart on me a little after I began to wear them at work all the time. But shit happens. I just bought an $80 pair of A-Stars gloves that fell apart on me in less than 2 months. Good thing my dealership let me exchange them for a new pair... Shit, I probably would have had better luck just switching back to the Icon SuperDuty glove and used the $30+ difference on something else. At least they lasted over a year.....

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I've really been thinking about getting some nice shorty Icon gloves because my Joe Rocket's are goners.. they're destroyed and falling apart from all the riding.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just bought a pair of icon pursuit gloves, love the shit out of 'em. Not too thick, not too thin, and perforated. Very grippy too, alot better than the blow-rockets I been wearing, plus I was tired of looking at them carbon fiber knuckles!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have that exact same pair and they held up pretty nicely. mine started to turn green though, I guess it must be all that California sunshine [8D]

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have that same pair and it is scratched up from the fall.. It held up real well as far as Im concerned. Also the only part I dont like about the gloves is how there is a part inside the palm that sticks up inside which hurts on long rides.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Also if you just tried it then you won't be happy with it. You have to let it break in and the gloves will indeed fit "like a glove"

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by ShiftyCapone
I had those same gloves and they worked great for a year. They started falling apart on me a little after I began to wear them at work all the time. But shit happens. I just bought an $80 pair of A-Stars gloves that fell apart on me in less than 2 months. Good thing my dealership let me exchange them for a new pair... Shit, I probably would have had better luck just switching back to the Icon SuperDuty glove and used the $30+ difference on something else. At least they lasted over a year.....
ya man! i went through 2 pair of a-star shorties in a year! crap! and they were twice the price???
from what i've gathered and from what i've read here gloves just dont hold up too long, i guess it's a disposable item!
having said that, my buddy has a pair of a-stars full length full leather motogp gloves.....he's on his 3rd year....so that blows the shit outta my theory i guess!
maybe i should be loking for some antique armoured steel gloves, what khinghts used to use :D
-anth-

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.