Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of getting these gloves for my local in town under 50 mph riding. feedback is welcome and needed. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have them also....offer very little/if any protection. Also, the thumb seems to be pre-curved and always feels a little tight, even after using them for the last 6 months. I like them, but I am fully aware that they may not hold up IF i go down....hope this helps

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
i replaced mine with these. and couldnt be happier, for the price.

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?rank=110&category=1664&id=7033&tab=overview&view=front

23k+ and theyre still in pretty good shape. the velcro is starting to get weak, but still attaches OK. and ive got a small tear right where the strap is. but its small, and COULD have been from my wreck.OR.....i have used these as my ATV offroad gloves a few times. theyve been put through the paces.

i think they were $45 or $50 at my dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
i replaced mine with these. and couldnt be happier, for the price.

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?rank=110&category=1664&id=7033&tab=overview&view=front

23k+ and theyre still in pretty good shape. the velcro is starting to get weak, but still attaches OK. and ive got a small tear right where the strap is. but its small, and COULD have been from my wreck.OR.....i have used these as my ATV offorad gloves a few times. theyve been put through the paces.

i think they were $45 or $50 at my dealer.
they look sweet....mauy have o look unto a pair.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
If you don't already have full length gloves I would recommend getting those first for the wrist protection... That's the only thing I'm currently lacking on myself.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they were my first set.

not too bad. but offer little actual protection.
gave them to my bro, when i got new ones. he crashed in them...theyre tore up pretty good now.

why are you considering these? price? i
yea. gloves are something i dont currently own and i feel like i should. and while i do understand that they offer little protection, some glove is better than none....i think.

i'm also lookin at these, which mr. skywalker suggested

·
Registered
551 Posts
yea. gloves are something i dont currently own and i feel like i should. and while i do understand that they offer little protection, some glove is better than none....i think.

i'm also lookin at these, which mr. skywalker suggested
my buddy has these, not bad gloves. I have these:

not bad, but I have had them about a year/12K. They are "shaped" in a fist form. The leather has gotten to the point where always shaped like that. They feel great because they are broken in, but I think it might be time to upgrade. I am looking for something that's light but offers great protection, even if that is an oxymoron..

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am looking for something that's light but offers great protection, even if that is an oxymoron..
i understand what ya mean. i've worn big heavy protective gloves and i just feel like i'm caged up in all this gear. which is kinda the whole reason behind bikes is to be free from your"cage". but i kinda like my skin and would like to keep as much as i can in the event i go down.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
i had a set of the tarmac 2's and i loved them. i crash tested them and they tore on the palm but i had not a single scratch on me. they were definatly worth the money. i just got a set of the tarmac 3.0's and they are terrible compared to the ones you want. i say go for it

·
28,939 Posts
nothing like a GOOD set of gloves that fit well. ive got a few pair of gauntlets and a pair of A*'s supermoto's which ive been using alot lately.

http://www.motostrano.com/alocssugl.html

when you go down you WILL hit/scrape your hands, anybody that doesnt have gloves - snatch some up!

EDIT- i got my SM gloves for around $45

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wear gauntlets all the time whether its to the store or at the track. Gloves are very important if you ever hit the tarmac, if you aren't wearing good gloves your hands will likely get jacked even at 30-40mph. People tend to put their hands out instinctually when they are falling, so good gloves are a must. If you are dead set on getting short gloves at least get leather ones. There are good deals to be found on gauntlet gloves, so if price is the issue, let me know what size you are and your price range and ill try to help you find some good gloves that fit your budget.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here are some examples.

Teknic Chicane full leather gauntlet glove. $30 Black/silver any size, white in XXL
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=1338

Teknic Chicane Shorty full leather glove $25 available in Blue/S or Red/M
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=2123

Teknic Lightning $50 Black M/XXL, Blue, Green, or Yellow/L
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=1339

I would HIGHLY recommend ANY of the above gloves over the Tarmac 2's.

But that is just my personal (having hit the ground with crappy gloves) opinion though.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the advice guys. i ordered the pursuits from new enough last night. i like them for the over all protection and looks. although the black ones are on back order and i want them for this weekend so i settled for the grey ones

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am glad you went with leather over the tarmac 2s. Good choice. The pursuits got a good review on Sportbiketrackgear.com also.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i tried on about 30 or so pairs of gloves and i have to say that the tarmac 2's were definitely the most comfortable. so i bought a pair and that's what i'm still wearing. however i don't feel that they are the safest because they aren't gauntlet style and are mesh up top so i'll probably do some more trying on gloves in the next month or so to try and get a pair for the winter that will be warmer and protect better.
ps. if you want to get a pair you better hurry, icon stopped making them.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i tried on about 30 or so pairs of gloves and i have to say that the tarmac 2's were definitely the most comfortable. so i bought a pair and that's what i'm still wearing. however i don't feel that they are the safest because they aren't gauntlet style and are mesh up top so i'll probably do some more trying on gloves in the next month or so to try and get a pair for the winter that will be warmer and protect better.
ps. if you want to get a pair you better hurry, icon stopped making them.
what? they stopped making them. the tarmac 3s are also pretty sweet and were down on my short list also.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts