Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any input on these jackets? I've come across a realy good deal on a lime green one. I would prefer a leather jacket, but with the temps running over 100 each day and the relative humidity being 30-40% I think leather would be too rough on me.

Thanks,
GunRunner

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
no idea on the jacket. but i konw the temps you are talking about. im ni dallas. over a hundred here. last night at 10:00 at night the radio was still reporting temps of 93. i just had to quit wearing my jacket due to the heat.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya bro...the humidity lately hasn't helped any...I catch my self standing up on the footpegs so my jewels can air out from time to time...lol

GunRunner

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
I have one of those, i wear tank top under and it feels great when moving, i say get it.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
ya its been so hot. my bike kept overheating in traffic. i changed to a watter wetter, and wrapped the hedders with a heat shield to help keep the temps down. did all that yesterday. ill keep yall posted on hoe it works

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Originally posted by GunRunner
I hear ya bro...the humidity lately hasn't helped any...I catch my self standing up on the footpegs so my jewels can air out from time to time...lol

GunRunner
yeah, I know what you mean! If I don't stand up once in a while my boys are melting, freakin humidity. I have an alpinestars tstunt mesh jacket, when you are moving feels great.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may wind up getting a perforated leather jacket instead for better protection, its just that a non-perf leather jacket will be unbearable here until late October...but I'll probably get both the Ti Max and a non-perf leather jacket...one for hot weather, and one for the not-so hot days...

GunRunner

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I've got it and i absolutely love it. the wind just searches through the small holes and cools you off, and the protection is great throughout, but not bulky feeling. But don't ask ernie what he thinks:D

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
where did you find it for $69?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have an A-Stars perfed stage jacket and THOUGHT it would be good for summer down here but I was way wrong. That thing will BAKE you til your sick if you're not moving at hwy speeds. Great jacket otherwise though, wear it all the time except in 100 degree 90% humidity like we've had here recently.

I picked up an Icon Tarmac mesh (white) with the leather elbows and CE armor--very nice jacket and the white color helps in the slow movin traffic. I know most of the REAL riders on here thumb their noses at mesh, but passing out on your bike from heat stroke isn't safe either.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
A buddy of mine rolls one and he likes it. I would say go for it.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I've had one for 3 years, and love it.
It breathes really good, and is great for hot temps.
It's washable too. Just turn it inside out & let hang dry.
Great investment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.