Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for a little more feedback on these gloves. What would you recommend the full cuff or the shorties? If anyone has any other gloves they could recommend it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I saw a crash report on these awhile back and they were trashed - also, it's really easy to scratch your paint w/ all the Ti on the back of the glove. I have JR speedmasters and I love them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have the short cuffs and even they are bulky (I returned the full cuffs).... I use 'em when it gets around 40 degrees ou tho.... they're nice for cold weather riding

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recieved Alpinestar GpPlus fpor Christmas. After trying on the Icons these seemed to be a much better choice for myself. Thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have the full cuff ones and they are perfect for cold riding weather. they are thick and they look cool. the only complaint is that i have three small scratches on my tank b/c of the metal.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have some Alpinestars GP Pro's comming in the mail, should be good.

As for the Icons, I have heard nothing but bad about them, unless your just going to use them for bar fights.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Buddy of mine has some Kobe Pro gloves. Two get off's and they still look great. Going to buy me a pair. He trashed a pair of Alpinestars (Not sure which ones) on a get off. Palms went quickly. The Kobe gloves have bronze rivets in the palms. Just an opinion.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I got a pair of Black TiMax with the full gauntlet. I've yet to scratch anything yet, but you have to be real careful. The gloves I think are more for style points than anything else.

The gloves definitely are thicker, so that does limit your hand movement somewhat. I have Joe Rocket gloves (Speedmaster and Racer Replicas) and Aplinestars, both of which I feel are overall better wearing, feeling and sensing glove.

I have been wearing them since it's been colder. This is definitely NOT a warm weather glove.

Also they are a bitch to get on. They have a zipper on one side, plus this flap that comes down then two sides of velcro, so it takes quite a bit of time to get them on in relation to other gloves.

If you do order them, heads up. Make sure you "CLEARLY SPECIFY" if you want the short cuffed ones or the full gauntlet ones. Make sure the order confirms which type you get. I know a few people that ordered them at a great price, thinking they were getting the full gauntlets, and they ended up getting the shorties in the mail.

Also I've seen these gloves in all black, all white and all red. The red ones looked S&M-ish, the white ones looked like they'd get dirty too quick and the black is pretty much your best bet.

Overall it's a nice glove to own, but there are much better choices out there for fit, comfort and function. So unless you purely want the look, you are better off going for Joe Rocket or another reputable brand.

-Flash

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have the short Timax gloves. They are very comfortable once broken in. Very flexible for throttle control, but I find them cold as hell
even on the fingers. I did scratch my gas cap just after polishing it
but I'll do it again. My hands are short and thick that might make a difference. They are hard gettin on and off.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've got the Alpinestars GP Plus glove... love 'em. I started with the SP2's, but found the GP's at the bike show for $50. The guy never thought he'd sell 'em. They were the white and grey in XL. Perfect for me...

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Well correct me if I'm wrong but they have studs thru the leather and on your palm the only thing in between the stud and your hand is some fabric. If you ever spill theose studs are going to get red hot and burn nice little holes in your palm. They are quite thick and bulky. I was thinking about getting some but then went to the shop to try some on and changed my mind right there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the TiMax gloves.

My only slight gripe against them is that the palm is A LOT thicker then most gloves I have worn. So throttle feel, etc. takes some getting used to to start inspiring confidence. But, other than that, fit and finish, they are great!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.