Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the right direction of if and where the idle adjustment is on my 98 6R? Since I put my Jardine pipe on the bike now idles quite low. I know the bike needs to be jetted as I can see flames when I shift at night, but I want to at least set the idle up a bit temporarily.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by Six-R

Can anyone point me in the right direction of if and where the idle adjustment is on my 98 6R? Since I put my Jardine pipe on the bike now idles quite low. I know the bike needs to be jetted as I can see flames when I shift at night, but I want to at least set the idle up a bit temporarily.
If it's anywhere near where it is on the 02 you can see it in the picture. Sorry the pic sucks.. But no other program here than Paint :D
So it's the black screw in the middle of the circle (I've tried to mark it out for you) :)
Tell me if it isn't there on the 98 and I'll delete this answer and get my coat [:p]

/forum/uploads/creep/hihi.jpg

*edit* On the 98 it might be on the right hand side as well. But anycase.. A black knob at the end of a wire sticking out like the one on the pic :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The idle speed adjuster is on the left side of the 1998 bike. The proper idle speed for the Canadian bike is 1,050 ± 50 rpm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.