Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched and it's too vague... don't kill me.

so after i got my bike dyno tuned i noticed the idle was at about 1k rpm. i know it's supposed to be at 1350 or something but i'm used to it at about 1400 or so. i tried getting used to it but today the engine died (released clutch too fast)... in front of girls... hella embarassing.

anyway, i remember reading somewhere that with a power commander you're not supposed to adjust the idle using the idle screw. do i have to adjust it using the power commander program? can someone shed some light on this for me please?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Originally posted by reintr0ducing
i searched and it's too vague... don't kill me.

so after i got my bike dyno tuned i noticed the idle was at about 1k rpm. i know it's supposed to be at 1350 or something but i'm used to it at about 1400 or so. i tried getting used to it but today the engine died (released clutch too fast)... in front of girls... hella embarassing.

anyway, i remember reading somewhere that with a power commander you're not supposed to adjust the idle using the idle screw. do i have to adjust it using the power commander program? can someone shed some light on this for me please?
Never heard that one before...make sure the bike is warmed up and use the idle screw to set it to 1350

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.