Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know or has any one had this problem. You decel and the rpm will not drop back to normal idle of 1250rpm it sticks at about 2500 to 3000rpm and you give it a quick blip on the throttle and it will drop to normal idle. Quiet damgerous when riding.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you installed a GPR damper? I had that problem briefly after installing my GPR, I just moved the cables a little bit and was able to fix the problem. I'm not real sure what I did, but I think I may have had part of the cable hung up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem on my 98 ZX6R.. and i hate it.. cause it makes it difficult to down shift when the rpms are higher than normal.. my throttle is sticking even a little after i pull in the clutch.. anybody know what may be going on?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Check for cable binding. Perhaps you have a frayed cable and you cannot see it?

Hell, I would just get all new throttle cables to be safe.

·
Registered
299 Posts
yea i'd check the cables you dont wanna end up like my buddy whose throttle stuck and he missed a curve and ended up in the cornfield(unharmed):DHaha that was some funny shit[:p]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
problem solved the mechanic whos serviced the bike left the vaccum hoses off when they synced the throttle bodies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.