Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled the tank on my 04 250.Drained the gas from the carbs...I tried lighting the small amount of gas that I drained..Wouldn't even light off!! :D

I just got her the other day,she has 6000 miles on her.She's been sitting for a number of months...Really surprised I could ride her home with that Crap that passed for gas in the tank.

Checked out the float bowls,clean as a whistle.
Pulled the enrichment plugs and in and outed the screws to 2.5 turns out..Hopefully no more hard cold starts.:rolleyes:

Dang Kawi has it's crap down pat! Almost every bolt was 10mm.I had a Suzuki GS500 and every bolt was 6mm-13mm.That sucked!:eek:

Im' already loving,working on this fine piece of machinery.One mean weed wacker.;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No..I'm going to give it a good going over head to tail.Needs chain maint...and a good dusting.Got to do a small fairing repair...

Doe's Kawi carry factory touch up paint or factory spray paint?? Thanx..;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's Mate!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Do they really use Colorrite paint, or does Colorrite just match Kawi paint really well? I was under the impression that the latter was true.
When I asked at the dealer for touch up paint, they said Kawasaki does not stock touch up paint and all paint requests had to go through Color Rite and not through them. They could get me the paint, but they would just order it from Color rite.

When I asked on KF about touch up paint, the answers I got were consistent with what the dealer had told me. Bummer... cause it's a grip of money to ship stuff to Hawaii just for some touch up paint... I never bought any. :(

I think it's kind of a crappy setup, myself. Please let me know if my info is incorrect cause I'm still looking for a good (cheaper) source for factory touch up paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts