Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and if only I had some spare cash... Every single time I get to ride/sit on one of these things, I feel like I sink into the couch. Comfort is unbelieveable! Seat, controls, rearsets - everything is right where you want it. I bet you could keep it between 5mph and 100mph in one gear, boy am I getting old and lazy for this shifting business. Frankly I don't give a shit how fast it can go, I just want that comfort. I'd use it as a daily commuter, keep the 636 for riding twisties...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
347 Posts
One of my friends uses a busa for his commuter. Course he also has a long straight stretch of freeway on his way to/from work where he can see if the cops are trapping way in advance, and he works at times where there is no traffic...so he says he hits 180Mph twice a day on most work days.[:0] Funny thing is his first motorcycle was a Ninja 250...his second...the Busa. :)

Me personally though...I am thinking thats too much power. I have been tempted to ask him if I could test ride it. I have a feeling it would scare the poop out of me though, and I would hate to leave skid-marks on his seat. ;)
 

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
Joined
·
10,796 Posts
I don't think I could ever go above 636...twisties are no fun with a 1400cc bike.

The way I see it....what's the difference between going 0-100 in 4 seconds and 0-100 in 3 seconds? I don't really care one way or another cause its still fast as hell.

That being said, I wouldn't turn down a few runs on a Busa if offered :D
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
yea i wouldnt mind riding one for a lil bit. already tried a ZX10 and a Gixxer 1000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
I don't think I could ever go above 636...twisties are no fun with a 1400cc bike.

The way I see it....what's the difference between going 0-100 in 4 seconds and 0-100 in 3 seconds? I don't really care one way or another cause its still fast as hell.

That being said, I wouldn't turn down a few runs on a Busa if offered :D
to tell you the truth, thats what I thought too, until I started riding with one. its a little more set up for twisties than normal (suspension and shortened swingarm and whatever else) but let me tell you this guy can hang in the twisties like anyone else on any other bike. its unbelievable... I've seen him hit twisties faster than an rc51 (with a heck of a rider on it by the way) so long and short they sure can hang in the twisties just as well as anything if set up proper. Also I think the guy is on here(or was) as camaroguy something
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
I don't think I could ever go above 636...twisties are no fun with a 1400cc bike.
I beg to differ. The 1300cc is very capable in the twisties. I have had more fun in the twisties with the Busa than I did with my 636. At my size/strength I have zero problems getting the Busa to go where I want. I have no regrets about moving up. Plus the move got the fiance off the 250 and on the the 6, lol.
 

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
Joined
·
10,796 Posts
Well I'll hafta take your word for it.

Maybe I'll compromise and get a 10R in a few years :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,830 Posts
Originally posted by badaszx9r
to tell you the truth, thats what I thought too, until I started riding with one. its a little more set up for twisties than normal (suspension and shortened swingarm and whatever else) but let me tell you this guy can hang in the twisties like anyone else on any other bike. its unbelievable... I've seen him hit twisties faster than an rc51 (with a heck of a rider on it by the way) so long and short they sure can hang in the twisties just as well as anything if set up proper. Also I think the guy is on here(or was) as camaroguy something
camaroguy72? I haven't seen him around in a long time. You can find a good number of his posts on his project bike in this thread. He used to be a regular around here.

Of all the bikes I have been on, I have yet to ride a Busa. I'm not even sure if I've sat on one. I've never been a fan of their looks, but I've heard a number of times how comfortable they are. The problem is that I have a hard enough time keeping the 636 at legal speeds. It just wants to go! I can only imagine myself on a Busa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by senfo
...The problem is that I have a hard enough time keeping the 636 at legal speeds. It just wants to go! I can only imagine myself on a Busa.
I truly believe that to be a misconseption, and a very common one at that. Ninja 250 folks will label you suicidal for getting a 600. 600 owners "will never go with a liter bike". Etc, etc. As far as I'm concerned, a Hayabusa is no more dangerous than a Vespa. Both can get you killed in no time. The only difference in my opinion is how touchy the throttle is. I've never had a need or desire to go over, say, 120 - that's my comfort limit, I wouldn't like it any faster under the best conditions. Most of the time I tool around at traffic speeds in the city/30-50 in the twisties/80-ish on the highway. Legal? Of course not. Dangerous? No more than getting off at 55-65 - either will fuck me up pretty badly. That's just my "comfort speed zone" no matter what kind/size bike I'm riding.

There's a plethora of bikes out there specifically intended for what I'd use a Busa for - anything from FJR to a Goldwing. All big, comfortable and peppy. But Hayabusa just has a cool sounding name, and there is of course that vanity element of having the smallest di... err..I mean, the fastest bike, even if you never use all of its power.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top