Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a lurker on Kawiforums for a long time now and now i need a little help.

Long story short, I have a 2006 ZX-6R with 7xxx miles. I've been riding for 6+ years and never had a problem with any of my bikes. 3rd gear on on my 6R is messed up and I'm having to fight Kawi to fix it. I know I'm not the only one to have trans problems with the 636. If you have had any problems can you please post what problem you had, how many miles, and if kawi fixed it or not.

And to the people that are coming here just to post "Search" I don't want to go through 300+ pages looking for indivudal posts about problems, I would like to have it all in one thread. And please lets just keep to the topic and not have a lot of side talk or usless posts.

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Could you be a little more specific about the problem? What exactly is 3rd gear doing or not doing?
I think I might be having 3rd gear problems, but I'm not sure. One day last week, I went to shift into 3rd and when I did, the revs shot up and the bike felt like it was in nuetral. The bike was barely pulling and it sounded like someone was shaking a can of spray paint. I engaged the clutch, shifted up a couple gears and everything was fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm in 3rd and just putting around, not heavy on the gas, it feels like it pops out of gear. I can hear a grinding noise, the bike shakes, and it doesn't accelerate. It usually happens with I'm around 8000rpm and give it some gas. If I'm hard on the gas in 2nd, shift at redline, and stay hard on the gas in 3rd, it doesn't do it. It's only under part throttle low in the rpms when I'm getting into torque. I've had it happen a few times under hard acceleration, but not nearly as much as part throttle in low rpms.

·
Powerhungry
37,848 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
and there have been several other members here describing similiar problems. and my dealer tells me 1 out of 5 at the track are having the very same problem.

That being said, what does Kawasaki plan on doing about it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.