Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I've been trying to reach the places near me in Burlington, VT that offer the MSF, but all of their websites are down and when I call the phone numbers they either don't work or I get a really long voicemail with no lists of prices or anything. Does anyone live in VT and know of where would be best to go and who has a decent price?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
So I've been trying to reach the places near me in Burlington, VT that offer the MSF, but all of their websites are down and when I call the phone numbers they either don't work or I get a really long voicemail with no lists of prices or anything. Does anyone live in VT and know of where would be best to go and who has a decent price?
The Basic Rider course in VT is $160. Call 800-529-2535 or 802-828-2913 to have course schedules and registration information mailed to you.

Here's a link to the VT DMV page on MSF training...

Motorcycle Training & Programs | Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles

And here's a link to the 2010 schedule.

VREP Course Schedule | Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles

Classes fill up real fast so your choices are limited the longer you wait to register. It's totally worth the trouble though. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
No - you have to be able to ride a motorcycle already.
The training you receive is for handling your bike in very slow and very hazardous conditions; stuff that most motorcycle riders never have to deal with.

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
MSF is actually designed for riders who have little to zero experience riding. The first lesson is how to start the bike, then using the friction zone.

The lessons learned at low speed translate to normal road speed. It's more about teaching muscle memory for use in real life.

You really need to review your outlook on this subject.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
:plusone: 03Black636 the only prerequisite to take the MSF Basic Rider Course was the ability to ride a bicycle and of course have some basic gear.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
MSF is actually designed for riders who have little to zero experience riding. The first lesson is how to start the bike, then using the friction zone.

The lessons learned at low speed translate to normal road speed. It's more about teaching muscle memory for use in real life.

You really need to review your outlook on this subject.
our first lesson was pushing the bike across the parking lot :Laughing rolling:

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
Oh yeah. I remember that now... It's been a few years since I've taken it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to the forums, and new to motorbikes so this site is really helpful. I'm planning my first bike, a 250r, this summer and taking the starter course. Thanks for the awesome advise so far, and I cant wait to learn more!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm planning my first bike, a 250r, this summer and taking the starter course. Thanks for the awesome advise so far, and I cant wait to learn more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the advise, will definitely reconsider when purchasing my first bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 650r

Just bought my new Kawasaki 650r... I opted to buy a New 2009 because not much has changed with the 2011. Its black and i am now in the process of installing a tinted windshield and a fender remover kit.

- cant wait to ride!! take my classes this weekend!

Mdub2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great Tips :)

I just got my ninja 250r yesterday :D & it was the first time I have rode a motorcycle. I did pretty good for a beginner. But, I'm def. gonna check into those classes a lot of people recommended that to me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got me a new 09 black 650r not quite as fast as the zx6r I'm told.
I was advised that I would out grow the 250 in a few months and opted for the 650. I am so glad I rode a dirt bike when I was younger because it was much easier to get the hang of the bike. I am 500 miles in and I have had it for 2-3 weeks now. Its crazy I think I'm going fast because I'm on a sport bike but people still fly by me on the highway. I also got a dose of some scary 20mph wind on the highway today, reminds me to be VERY careful.

181 - 200 of 212 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.