Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just bought my first bike. '08 green/green ZX6R. Think I have spent about 12 hours the last two days looking at all the things I want to do to the bike. Hope I got a good one.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
Just bought my first bike. '08 green/green ZX6R. Think I have spent about 12 hours the last two days looking at all the things I want to do to the bike. Hope I got a good one.
save your money and leave it stock for the time being. being a ZX-6R, and being your first bike it might not survive that long.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have never ridden a motorcycle, my personal suggestion is:
1. Take the MSF (a motorcycle safety class that results in getting the motorcycle endorsement). This is much easier than trying to get it through the DMV.

i def agree with the MSF class. I am a newbie myself and also in the Navy. The Navy makes you take the MSF before you can get decals to ride on any naval facility. they also make you take the sports bike course if you have a sports bike too. I took the BRC (Basic Riders course) in Feb. and i just wrapped the Sport bike course day before yesterday. I have to say i learned a whole lot which in return made me a better rider. not to mention it was the best class i have ever been to since i been in the navy. You cant beat getting a a few paid days of off work just to go and ride bikes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whats up everyone? I'm just adding my newbie post in order to fully activate my account.

I'm a new rider, basically riding since late march of this year. Yea i know, I'm THAT new.

well ima post some other comments in other areas as im looking for parts for my bike.

Basically i've got and 08 zx6r, and its already thrown me off and dropped. so i need a left front foot peg, and i've already ordered the left front handlebar.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I saw your user name and it made me cringe. A newbie and ZX6R can be a dangerous combo. I'm waiting at least a year to pick up my ZX6R (possibly longer) while I develop my skills. I've already screwed up a few times on my 250r during shifting and throttle control that could have been an issue on a more powerful bike. On the 250 all it does is hiccup and remind you to work the controls more carefully.

Anyway, good luck and ride safe!

Whats up everyone? I'm just adding my newbie post in order to fully activate my account.

I'm a new rider, basically riding since late march of this year. Yea i know, I'm THAT new.

well ima post some other comments in other areas as im looking for parts for my bike.

Basically i've got and 08 zx6r, and its already thrown me off and dropped. so i need a left front foot peg, and i've already ordered the left front handlebar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just got my first motorcycle today. I also signed up for the motorcycle training course early through the DMV. I did not go cheap on the gear either. If I am going down I want to be sure every part of my body is covered. Thank you for the advice and I will keep on reading :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

First post so I figured I may as well ask my questions here.

I have a 07 650R(first bike) And Would like to get an After market Exhaust. I see a lot of exhausts that mount and sit just like the stock exhaust. When I see one that does turn and go up a bit and is made for the 650r it seems they are never for any year under 09 or 10. Does anyone know of an exhaust that mounts upwards and sounds great? Also, does the CatConvert have to come off the bike to use these?

And in the tradition of this sticky....
I owned my bike for 4 days when I was going at a normal speed through a parking lot. coming towards the stop sign I rolled the throttle a bit(sort of almost pulled the tire off the ground but didnt) and then when the bike was planted back on the ground again I pulled the front brake only and the tire went sideways and the bike instantly and VERY fast went down sliding. It only messed up the Fairing a bit which cost me 300.00 to get another one and I lucked out it was only that bad. I DID NOT take the safety course! And I was a long time dirt bike rider thinking I did not have to because I could handle it. I never dropped a dirt bike so I assumed I would be fine. If I had read the MVA manual or even the bike manual this may not have happened. Live and learn. Good thing it was only a 10mph dump. People... Take the Safety course! the 300 I am spending on the fairing may have been more and I could had just spent that on the course!!! Maybe This would not have happened! Somehow You will NOT save NOT taking the course!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey all I am debating about getting a bike soon. Hope to learn a lot from this forum it looks to be very informative. Hope everyones having fun because summer won't be waiting for you to do it. Anyway the saftey course looks like a good bet gotta go sign up for that.

201 - 212 of 212 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.