Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so torn on these guys. I have ordered from them multiple times and both times they have not had an item in stock that is up on their webpage. They were not drop shipping, but were waiting on the manufacturer to get it to them. They are great to work with and very helpful when it does happen, I am just so frustrated with their inability to have their website tell you if something is in stock or if you are going to be waiting 3 weeks.

Sorry about the rant, just frustrated.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
I've never had issues with them. Maybe you can call and ask next time before ordering. That's what I do before ordering from cheapcycle parts, ronayers, etc.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Never had a problem either... and most sites are not capable of telling weather or not the have something in stock. their databases and web servers may not be sophisticated enough to query something like that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
never had an issue with them and will be ordering ASV levers from them very soon too

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I ordered from them on the 24th of February and the mummy finally said that they shipped it today. They claimed that ASV was backordered on their levers, however I called ASV directly when they said that and they informed me the levers were in stock and ready to ship. Twice now motomummy has not had something in stock and taken forever to ship. In addition when I contacted them I got nothing but attitude back. That is just poor customer service. Needless to say I will not be using them again. I will stick sportbike track gear from now on. They are awesome.

·
Registered
43 Posts
idk what u paid, but i bought my ASVs new in the package with warranty from "motorcycleriderschoice" on ebay for $140, but now theyre $162 idk if thats still cheaper than what u paid. These are the F3s btw

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update:

I received an email from both motomummy and the owners of ASV informing me that the item was indeed on backorder. I am glad to get recognition of error on someones part and I applaud ASV for their statement. I am still disappointed in not being informed of a 3 week delay for an item that was not in stock. It is not difficult to have an in stock/backordered list on a website, and I know this because my degree is in computer science with a research project in web based database interactions. I do not fault motomummy for the backorder, but like I said it is not very difficult to note that on a website especially for something with such a long delay.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered a tank pad and a chain/sprocket combo kit from them because of the good pricing, but I received the wrong tank pad. After contacting them to return the item, I was informed the correct item was out of stock, but was expected to be in with the next shipment. I agreed to wait the anticipated "week or so." After several weeks, I offered to accept a different version of the tank pad or to return the order and was given no response. I am not willing to pay for someone else's mistake. Poor customer service is not something that I find acceptable and when they threatened to send me to collections if I cancelled the credit card payment if they didn't find an acceptable solution to the problem that was the last straw. I highly recommend you stay away from this retailer or at very least use at your own risk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts