Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an Evo star shifter kit for my '04 and went ahead and got an ignition advance rotor as well. I installed it one day and the bike started and idled fine, good thing to have. The next morning, I headed out on a ride and the engine fell flat on it's face at 3500 rpm. Trying to power through it, it popped at 4500 and the FI light came on at 5500. The only thing I know that's added to the engine are an Akro fs and PCIII (which shouldn't make any difference). Just for grins, I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and tested it again. Same results. Re-installed the stock rotor and the bike ran fine again. Factory Pro is sending me another one to try and if it doesn't work, will refund my money.

This happen to anyone else? :popcorn:

The bike is kinda turning into an oddity of flukes but man, is it fun to tear up the twisties on. :woot:

·
Registered
177 Posts
i had my bike not run properly and wouldnt run above specific speeds and it turned out to be the crankcase sensor (pulse sensor) needed to be replaced... but from you saying u put the stock rotor and it works fine... that might blow that theroy out of the water..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts