Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my adjustable advancer on tonight, finally! I had to make a wrench to remove the stock cog (the dealer wants $95 for a wrench)
I ran it around real quick and it does feel faster from 10k-14k it could be that it has gotten much colder here recently but I think it was the advancer. I have it set plus five degrees. In any case it doesnt run worse than before and I will really find out how much gain I got next time I do a real ride.
here is a pic of the stock cog and then the tool I made to remove it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, it was turnin. It only took me about 20min. to make the little wrench (and it looks like it)

·
Registered
252 Posts
did you go with a Factory Pro? How long did the install take without making your wrench? I thought an advancer would increase low & mid range power -- between 3-9K, but you think it increased response above 10?? Let me know your results after a hard ride... thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by t15_roberts
did you go with a Factory Pro? How long did the install take without making your wrench? I thought an advancer would increase low & mid range power -- between 3-9K, but you think it increased response above 10?? Let me know your results after a hard ride... thanks!
T tell you the truth I dont know what brand it is I bought it from a member on this site I think it is RPM It could be a little faster in the low range as well but I really feel it up high. I could be runnin a little rich in the lower rpms now cause I shimmed my main jets as well. Without making the tool installation was about 15min. very easy.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You can put a 2x4 through the rear wheel untill it rests on the swingarm,it wont hurt it because its soft.:D

DTM,how did the advancer turn out????

Barry

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Transman
You can put a 2x4 through the rear wheel untill it rests on the swingarm,it wont hurt it because its soft.:D

DTM,how did the advancer turn out????

Barry
Great! ive ridden it a bit now and it feels faster all through the rpm range. We are not talking huge gains but feels like a few ponies, maybe 2-5

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
okay, I'll go along w/ that. Have you changed sprockets yet? I went one down in the front and it makes you think you got an extra 10-15hp. I know I don't but it sure as hell feels like it. That is the best mod. I have done so far. Especially for the price.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I really am not into the stunting thing and I am worried about screwing up the top end. How is the bike above 100mph with the gearing.

·
Registered
202 Posts
dtmsurf, I'm glad you like the advancer,what did you end up setting it at? If you drop a tooth in the front you WONT loose much up top.I'm 2 up in the back and im 5mph off so when my friend and i went for a blast last sat. my bike was hitting 170 but i was going 165,drop the tooth you'll love it
Barry

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Originally posted by dtmsurf
No, I really am not into the stunting thing and I am worried about screwing up the top end. How is the bike above 100mph with the gearing.
When you say top end you mean the top speed right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.