Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Manila,

Just wondering if anyone has fitted an ignition advancer? Seems to be a reasonable modification, given that a Factory Pro gives a 3-5 BHP increase for less than $50. That's about 70% of the power you can expect from an end can at about 15% of the cost.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
768 Posts
This was covered in another thread somewhere. I'm too lazy to look it up.

Is that Manila as in the Phillipines Manila?

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I don't think they claim that much of a gain (and always take claims with a grain of salt). I put a Factory Pro +4 on when I put in their jet kit. I seem to have a little more power and everything is smoother. I have not had it on a dyno so I would want to makes claims one way or the other. The down side is that with the advancer you must use 93 octane fuel.

It is literally a five minute install. I would order a new gasket for the cover to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iowazx6r,

Yes, that's Manila, Philippines. Not too many Ninja riders here -- everyone's fallen for the CBR600, 'Blade or Ducati something or other (since Ducati has a dealership, but those that have it swear by it. We all know why.

I found the other thread in the Aftermarket Parts forum, after I posted this. Sorry.

swjohnsey,

Thanks for answering my other question in advance, about the gasket
:)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Looks like another board that needs to start a Team AzN! =) However, I'm only 1/4 Filipino.

I guess I should suggest on the other thread we need titles.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.