Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically in a nutshell my ignition key won't turn left anymore. In the past couple weeks it got stuck a couple times but after wiggleing it a few times it moved. But now it's been stuck for the past 2 days. It will go right but not left. Any ideas i tried spraying wd40 on it to try to loosin it up in side thinking maybe it was rust from riding in the rain too much, but that didn't work. Is there anything I can do to fix it? If I take it to a dealer or shop how much are they gonna charge me to fix it? How hard would it be for me to swap ignitions or take it apart? Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
So basically in a nutshell my ignition key won't turn left anymore. In the past couple weeks it got stuck a couple times but after wiggleing it a few times it moved. But now it's been stuck for the past 2 days. It will go right but not left. Any ideas i tried spraying wd40 on it to try to loosin it up in side thinking maybe it was rust from riding in the rain too much, but that didn't work. Is there anything I can do to fix it? If I take it to a dealer or shop how much are they gonna charge me to fix it? How hard would it be for me to swap ignitions or take it apart? Thanks in advance for the replies.
It's a dealer part anyways...Take it to the dealer, especially if it's under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts