Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just got done rebuilding my wiring harness for my ninja 250, but i forgot what order the spark plug ignition wires go in. Is red on top or bottom? Is green or black on the right? Which is on the left? If anyone could just do a quick look at their bike, I'd be sooo greatful.

Also, does anyone know where these tubes go?

Sticking out of the top of the carb:

Breather tube on the tranny:

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
399 Posts
i'll check the wiring on my 07 for u when i get home at lunch.

i think the trans breather tube goes into the airbox, so u may just want to put a small filter on it and wire tie it up. it's just a vent.

and IIRC the tube from the carb went into a vacuum tee above the valve cover. i'll try and check that too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll check the wiring on my 07 for u when i get home at lunch.

i think the trans breather tube goes into the airbox, so u may just want to put a small filter on it and wire tie it up. it's just a vent.

and IIRC the tube from the carb went into a vacuum tee above the valve cover. i'll try and check that too.
Thank you sooooo much for your help. You're a lifesaver.

·
Registered
399 Posts
sorry i didn't make it home for lunch but i'll do it after work in about 5 hours.

·
Registered
399 Posts
ok i checked my 07 and the coil wires go

brown/green stripe to the right upper position
red/dk. blue(could be black) stripe to the right lower position
red/lt. blue strip to the left lower position
black/brown strip to the left upper position

these are left and right as if ur sitting on the bike.

depending on the year of your bike hopefully the wire colors are the same.

as for that vacuum line coming from between the carbs goes to that vacuum diaphragm thing hooked to the left carb just to the rear of the smaller vacuum line that comes from the center of the carbs. u can almost see it in ur first pic. good luck with it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again for your help, but I'm having an issue listening to your advice...

On my bike, the tube that connects the carb to the block has a line coming out the top that leads to the vacuum diaphram that the little line coming off the center of the carbs leads to. The other tube connecting the carb to the block has a line coming off the top, and that one leads into the gas tank (?!?!) as the small line. How should I fix this?

Anyone have pictures of what a well put together carb with vacuum lines is supposed to look like?

Also, since I rebuilt the wiring harness, when I try to start the bike, I'll get a click from the fusebox. If I hold down the engine start button, it'll clickclickclickclick really fast, and the tach will read some revs. Any idea what's going on there?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Oh, and the starter relay is clicking, is it supposed to do that?

Actually, when I hit the start button, the starter relay makes a crackling sound, then the tach swings up to around 4k.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Charging up the battery doesn't change anything, and I am getting lights in my gauge cluster.

·
Registered
399 Posts
sorry it's really hard to see all that with the fairings still on the bike.
this is about as good as i can do without tearing my other bike all apart, hope it helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts