Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my issue
My bike started idling funny and bogging between 1500-4000rpm .
I heard it may be the coils

i checked them and
primary 1.2~1.6 - secondary 8.5~11.5
coil 1 1.5-9.26
2 1.5-9.44
3 1.5-9.28
4 1.5-8.15

Do you think that coil 4 is bad do to readings !

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Mine were bad, but I thought the bike was fouling out spark plugs for like a year and a half. I would change the plugs and it was ok for a bit and then go bad again until changing the plugs stopped working. What was happening was the contacts were rusted up and when i would change the plugs it would knock some of the rust off, making it run ok again for a bit. I tried cleaning them up and adding dialectic grease but that didn't work, so I bought new ones on ebay for 20 bucks and it's been running like a charm ever since. Look and see if the contacts look brown or not. I didn't get them tested or anything. They are cheap and easy to change so I would just swap them out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello everybody, i been having the same problem as you, erratic,boggy idle between 1500 and 4000 rpms. it rund wonderful past 4000, but on idle and when u start to go, it hesitates. i checked idle, vacuum lines, codes, and nothing. my 06 636 is bone stock. this idle problem has been going on for a week now, the bike runs like new once i get going, but as i let the cluth out, it studders and hesitates a bit. only problem is the idle, and when i start to go..up until the 4000 range...she hesitates. can anyone please help me out on this? i truly apreciate it, its my only transportation at the moment, thanx.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
hello everybody, i been having the same problem as you, erratic,boggy idle between 1500 and 4000 rpms. it rund wonderful past 4000, but on idle and when u start to go, it hesitates. i checked idle, vacuum lines, codes, and nothing. my 06 636 is bone stock. this idle problem has been going on for a week now, the bike runs like new once i get going, but as i let the cluth out, it studders and hesitates a bit. only problem is the idle, and when i start to go..up until the 4000 range...she hesitates. can anyone please help me out on this? i truly apreciate it, its my only transportation at the moment, thanx.
Try changing the spark plugs. Easiest, cheapest and most likely problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i replaced my plugs with iridium ngk's about 4,000 miles ago. theres a posibility that the plugs are the culpit, but generally speaking, they should still be good. usually bag plugs show up on high rpms, the bikes run nice on high rpms. would anyone agre to that? also lets say its not the plugs, what could be the problem ? ive head about the tb sync....tp sensor, and a few more i dont remember. also, it does it 90% of the time...theres been times when at idle runs good, but then it starts again. any input as to what could it be if is not the plugs? once again, many thanxs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts