Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike alarm arrived in the mail today. The Scorpio SR-i500. Figured out on my own how to take the tail and seat off without managing to break anything :)

The alarm comes with an ignition/engine remote kill feature and I am trying to install that module but it requires cutting into the ignition/engine wire. The installation book that comes with it says that the wire is brown with a black stripe "on most Kawasakis". If anyone here knows of the exact wire color and location for the 03 6R would you please tell me. If you would be willing to take a picture that would be awesome too. I did find a brown wire with a black stripe but I'm not willing to cut into it (so far its the only part of the installation that requires cutting).

·
Registered
997 Posts
If u do a search on "Eruo lights" or "runnig lights" there is a pic of all the ignition wires in detailand descriptions of each wire
Hope it helps

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked it out and it didn't seem to show anything about the ignition wire.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Cut the Green/Black wire it runs from the fuse box to the cdi/ignitor box.

If your trying to stop the bike from cranking cut the Red/Black wire going to the fuse box.

Perm12v is white

Ignition12v is brown

Earth/ground0v is Black/yellow

Indicators are Grey & Green (test as there are several)If you connect to the indicators you will need to diode the indicator realy

If your not sure how to do it leave it ALONE!!!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its the ignition wire i'm after.

The remote ignition kill module has two wires coming out of it. Im suppose to cut the ignition wire and attach both ends of the cut wire to the module. So basically the module acts like a "man-in-the-middle".

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your help, I will tell you how it goes tomorrow.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Can someone post up as many wire colors they now of? I tried to install a remote starter on my bike but I was unable to for a few reasons. I need a few more wires.

***I already know of the risks involved so I do not need a lecture on why I should not intall it***

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.