Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a 3 level condominium; I stay on the second floor. Everyday I park my motorcycle downstairs in the hallway for the past 2 months. When I went to leave for school this morning I noticed a green sticker on my seat. It was a warning that I cannot park my motorcycle in the hallways and that it's a fire hazard. It also noted that my motorcycle will be towed the next time it's parked in the hallway. WTF?! After 2 whole months they now decide to give me a warning? Is it really a fire hazard? Or is someone discriminating or just out to get my bike? There is a lot of clearance for people to get by. It's not in the way at all. I can't afford to rent a garage either right now. 'effin assholes.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
def a fire hazard man. what if there is a fire and team of firefighters have to get a fire hose and all their gear through there. its not picking on you if you are parked illegal. they prob either didn't notice it before or no one has complained up until now. sucks but i would move it if i was you. just buy urself an ugly cover and scratch it up, maybe a little bad graffiti just for affect and use that. the unglier the cover the more likely theives will bypass it without bothering to check underneath. IMO

·
Banned
150 Posts
Have you done any reading on it? Check with the fire dept? HOA? One place I lived at had some HOA power hungry crazies, and they had a fake ticket book. Would put fake tickets on peoples windshields when they didn't display their decal. Even though it was the spot they paid for, they would still get a ticket.

So, do your research and find out for sure. Could be one neighbor complaining, could be a community thing, eitherway, if it's not a fire hazard, I'm sure HOA will find a way to make you remove it.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Law requires a specific width in hallways and for them the be not blocked in anyway. im sure ur landlords can get a big fine for your bike being thre by the fire department.
i just remember all this drama when i ran my parents business. its such stupid shit they can bust you for

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll definitely check out the office tomorrow and I'll rip and tie dye my cover I have now like goat shit brown with orange swirls. Thanks for the idea sweetzixxer and for the fast feedback you guys. My condo is gated, I mean you have to go through security to get in if you're not a resident of the condominiums. You can never be too safe though.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'll definitely check out the office tomorrow and I'll rip and tie dye my cover I have now like goat shit brown with orange swirls. Thanks for the idea sweetzixxer and for the fast feedback you guys. My condo is gated, I mean you have to go through security to get in if you're not a resident of the condominiums. You can never be too safe though.
no problem. don't rip it too much though you still want it to work :Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'm a little surprised that out of all those responses only BC had the correct one. It's a gasoline-powered vehicle, for god's sake. It has no business being parked inside a residential building. Of course it's illegal!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a chain as well, but there's nothing I am able to chain my bike to around the parking area. The condo where I used to reside at had a fence post under the stairwell and I would lock it up there every night. Now the chain is no use to me. The only thing now standing between my bike and thieves is my Scorpio Alarm (i900) and the cover. The On Guard I used to lock up my motorcycle help set my mind at ease a whole lot as well as my LoJack. 'ef it I'm gonna go hustle to make some few extra Benji's so I can get the garage which I can clearly see from my room. I also hate to leave the bike out in the weather, especially here in Florida. Rain and sun, talk about dry rotting.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I was going to say chain to a tree.But you will probly need to get storage.You could ask someone on the first floor if you park it in there apartment and give them some cash every month.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just be careful man, bike theft in the Orlando area has sky-rocketed. There was actually a post by a Orlando rider that was in the same exact position as you. parked for a while in his apt. hallway and got a warning notice. the next night it was stolen. check orlandoforums.com there a thread about the recent bike theft ring in Orlando--mainly apartments.
Keep her safe by all means. A bike in an apartment parking lot or any parking lot over night leads to bad things. When you get the chance garage her.
I live in a gated community, garaged, bike cover, I900 alarm, and i still worry. If shes out there now check on her from time to time. Be safe.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeh I've read that thread. Pretty sad story. I decided I'm just gonna work more days and try to keep up well with my studies so I'm able to rent that garage for $100 a month. I hate working full time and being a full time student at the same time. It's always physical and mental labor daily for me. I long for summer again. :(

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Yeh I've read that thread. Pretty sad story. I decided I'm just gonna work more days and try to keep up well with my studies so I'm able to rent that garage for $100 a month. I hate working full time and being a full time student at the same time. It's always physical and mental labor daily for me. I long for summer again. :(
maybe you can share the garage and cost with another biker you trust or with somebody else who might need to store something?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Wow that sucks, if theft is that bad I'd probably give up riding unless I could move to a better area. I mean I love to ride but it's not worth it for me to spend countless dollars in security and still worrying about it being there in the morning. Even worse panicking that I have to leave it with the cars instead of in a hallway.

As you probably know yea you can't leave it in the hallway, it's against fire code and it's extremely dangerous. Parked it's not just a fun ride but a container of gas with a potential on-board ignition source and we all know you can't store gas containers in living quarters or hallways.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts