Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hooking up the semi permanant clip for the battery tender to my battery tonight. I was on the phone arguing w/ the girlfriend and wasn't concentrating on what I was doing. I got the battery back in and hooked it back up, and when I screwed in the negative wire, I saw a liitle spark, no big deal. I go to start it and I get nothing. Then I realized I hooked the positive up to the negative and vice versa.[:M7] I put the wires on the correct way, and try to start it again, and still nothing, no lights, no nothing. I checked the fuses and they're all fine. The wires look good from what I can see. The battery is charged. I did a search and found someone who did the same thing, but I don't have the same damage to my bike from what I can tell. Is there anything else I can check? I looked at the fuse box on the right side of my bike (94 zx7), is there a second one? I think I might be screwed, any help is huge.

·
Registered
533 Posts
There should be a main fuse (30amp)buy or on the starter solenoid follow the positive wire from the battery.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Check all the fuses... if you're lucky, you fried a fuse. If not, then its likely you fried some rather pricey electronics on board... like the ECU, etc.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got back from NY and decided to give it another once over, and I found the solenoid, and it was the fuse running off battery that I didn't see before. It's kind of funny how that works sometimes, if you just remove yourself from a frustrating situation and come back later, it seems more likely to work out. It happens to me with video games sometimes, if I can't beat a certain part, I'll just put it down for a while, pick it up later and usually have better luck. Well anyway, thanks for the help, and that's the last time I argue with the wife with doing anything remotely important to my baby, lol...and the battery tender is sweet, I should have bought one a while ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.