Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all i wanna say its good to be back in the saddle and whats up to all in the forums-Yeeeeaaahhhhh!

I dont know if anyone remembers but a few months back when it was still cold i purchased that scorpion slipon for like $150 from a local richmond dealer. Anyhow my question is i still havent put on my powercommander yet. anyhow i get popp'n/sputtering/backfire'n or something that sounds like it anytime my rpms are likeover 6 grand. any idea what that is. the bike is an 03rr with 7k miles on it now.
i'm stumped. oh also i found some pilot power tires f&r for $233 is that an ok price. All opinions are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The popping with the slip on is normal, and won't hurt your bike. It's running a little too rich or too lean, depending on who you ask. I'm not sure, so I'm not going to try to sound like an expert. I have a Muzzy slip on and it pops when I get it high up in the RPM's, and especially pops when I let off the gas in high RPM's. Does the price of the tires include mounting and balancing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.