Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I will be selling my 03 ninja and all the spare parts I have once I am able to walk again and take pictures of the items. I have a couple of fuel tanks, a polished swingarm, a rear rim with polished lips, a rear shock with the stock dogbones, a couple of seats, a headlight I think, a Stock rear hugger, and I may have some side plastics also. This is going to kill me. I wrecked my bike about a month ago. I just got out of rehab. I broke the bones in my foot the long ones called the metatarsals, all 5 of them. I dislocated my foot 90 degrees to my leg. I am lucky I didn't rip my foot clean off, and I also have a skin graph on my thigh to replace some of the skin on my foot. WEAR YOUR BOOTS. I stood up on my bike to adjust my pants and my foot slipped off the front of the peg and shot into the ground cathing the front of my toes. Well the force basically ripped my foot and me off the bike the next thing I know, I am on my back slidding about 500 feet on my day old Alpinestars t-stunt jacket. I'll tell you one thing, That jacket saved my back. As much as I slid the jacket held up pretty well. The shoulder tore through a little bit but you would barely know I was on my back. So after this I am selling the bike and the wife and I are going to pick out a bike together so that she can ride with me and not have to worry whenever I go out on the ninja. I will post in the classifieds all the parts and stuff once I am able to manuever around a little more and take pictures and stuff.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear about the wreck, but it sounds like you're on the road to recovery.

+1 on the boots. Scares me to think of what even a simple low-side would do to an ankle as you slide across the asphalt with sneakers on.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I will definately ride again. I am leaning toward the VTX 1300 with floorboards and the heel toe shifter. I don't know if I'll be able to shift properly on a regular bike again because the top of my foot is Frankenstiened together and I have like a big dent in my foot just behind my big toe.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by garry
Wow. Sorry to hear about the wreck, but it sounds like you're on the road to recovery.

+1 on the boots. Scares me to think of what even a simple low-side would do to an ankle as you slide across the asphalt with sneakers on.
It messes it up. 6 weeks later, the pain has finally almost totally gone.

To the OP - hope you get back to 100% soon. And I'm glad to see that you're not givin up the 2 wheels, even if it means you sell the Ninja.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I went out and looked at the bike. Heres what it needs. New fairing stay, new front fairing, left mirror, bar ends, tank, windscreen(still have stock), tail section, tail light, and new subframe. Maybe a new crash cage too but maybe not. The front rim is scratched a little bit and so are the bottom of the forks on the right side. It may need a right mirror to but the left one is completely gone.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
sorry to hear that....definitely need to get me some boots

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have boots a pair of Joe rockets. I just didn't wear them the day of the accident and now I am kicking my own ass. If I had wore my boots I may not have had anything happen. I usually wear my boots only when I am going on a trip say longer than about 30 Minutes. Not anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
ouch, some times you get really unlucky. You slipped on the bike and had this horrible damage to your ankle. I go flying off my bike at highway speeds after a car hits me, while just wearing steel toe shoes, and have no foot injuries.

Sucks you're selling the bike, but I know the feeling, my next bike will be something my wife and I can both enjoy. I repaired my bike after and will mainly be tracking it, so maybe a concours 14 :D

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Glad you're still here to tell us about it though!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Definately sorry to hear it man.

I don't wear boots, but I wear really sturdy shoes...maybe I should go get a pair of boots...

·
Registered
167 Posts
[:Stupid] I dont wear boots either and should because I already sprained my ancle a year or 2 ago on my old SV650. It's healed great, except for still being a little bigger than my other ancle [:p] Only thing keeping me wearing my shell toed adidas shoes is that it looks like it would be harder to shift and stay on the pegs with those motogp boots[?]

·
Registered
803 Posts
Originally posted by shadow0289
Yeah I will definately ride again. I am leaning toward the VTX 1300 with floorboards and the heel toe shifter. I don't know if I'll be able to shift properly on a regular bike again because the top of my foot is Frankenstiened together and I have like a big dent in my foot just behind my big toe.
I have an 06 kawasaki vulcan 900 with under 5,000 miles for sale. Heel toe shifter, floorboards and FI. The 1300 has carbs or one carb. Big ass windshield with lowers and a backrest. It's candy red and yours for 6K. Hope you heal up soon. That sounds like a freak kinda thing to happen. It hurts reading about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
weird... i just put up a new thread cuz i broke my foot too! now i'm recovering and i'm just lookin through the forum. so ya, i guess my injury isn't quite as bad as urs, although i did break 4 of the same 5 bones u broke. Well i understand why u wanna get rid of the bike... i'm just too young and stupid to make responsible decisions like you:D

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,507 Posts
A note to guys who are wising up because of this thread and wanting to buy boots...buy REAL boots. Sidi Vertebra, etc. The "riding shoes" won't do shit for you. Joe Rocket Phoenix/Atomic shoes, A* Stunt Shoes...they'll give you absolutely ZERO protection. They're what I call 'poser boots'...all they do is have grippies to keep your shoe from getting scuffed when upshifting, and random layers that won't protect you from a break, and only sheild you from an extra 10 feet or so of rash...but it's not like it matters because they're uncomfortable as hell to wear off the bike, so you won't want to wear them around anyway, so it won't matter if they're scuffed or not...and my foot got more fucked up in a 40mph lowside in Joe Rocket Atomic "riding shoes" than it did on a 45mph highside wearing running shoes (don't ask).

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I am living proof that the best boots still will NOT necessarily save you from broken bones either.

My accident back in May broke my leg in half right THROUGH my Astars SMX plus boots, so don't kid yourself into thinking you are impervious with plastic boots on. I have often wondered how fucked up I would have been had I NOT had them on...

Granted, they may prevent you from rashing yourself all to shit in a skid across pavement, but when you hit solid objects something's got to give.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.