Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you read my post about how my left front fork is leaking oil from the top by the triple clamps (on a 2003 636). Well, I decided since they have the thing apart to buy some new springs from racetech and have those installed as well. It will soften up the ride some since I only weigh 135lbs. Have any of you guys attempted to do this? Let me know how the results turned out...

Thanks,
David C.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I rebuilt my forks but used the springs over. Its not very hard to do, the dealer wouldnt fix your fork seals under warrenty?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The stock springs were too soft for me, constantly bottoming out on the way into the corner causing it to slide.

After some 9.5n/m springs and an Ohlins re-valve kit things are looking much better.

I am 174lbs.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yeah Strong, that's the exact ticket I'm looking at for this off-season (I don't have the never-ending funds source you seem to ;))... I find the front is the weak end of the bike in stock trim, and so I'll be focussing on it first. I still hope to do the Brembo master and the Ohlins rear like you someday, but again, sigh, funds just ain't there at THIS point.

The front end is set up as good as I can get it in stock trim, and it's still a bit washy for my liking in really aggressive rides. The back end never seems to give me any concern, but no doubt the extra adjustability of the Ohlins and a better progressive rate would make some difference. Once I get these three things down, she should be pretty much perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.