Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I want answers not someone who is going to tell me to search and put gay pics up saying your a **** thats not what im looking for so for all of you that are going to do that just press the back button on your browser and spare some time.. Well I instaled the jumper mod yesterday I went to home depot and bought 22 gauge wire cut a little peice off and went to put it in it was a very snug fit so here are my questions should I go buy smaller guage wire? I got it in there with a little force. Also are my end pieces where it goes in the hole were about a quarter of an inch long and didnt feel like it went all the way to the bottom of the hole does this matter? I took it for a spin last night and it did feel like it redlined a little quicker but not sure since im not a hard rider all the time. so should I go buy smaller guage wire and do it again but this time stick it in the hole as far as it can go or just leave it.. do you think there is enough wire in the holes to jump it? also noticed it might be a little trouble taking it back out since it was a snug fit.. Thanks..

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
I haven't done it yet BUT there was someone on here who used spade connectors, I think. He posted a pic of it and I was going to buy some but I wasn't sure what size to get. I'm assuming you just crimp the ends of the wire into each spade connector and then make the jump. Gonna try and do mine this weekend.

·
Powerhungry
37,952 Posts
Originally posted by 98impreza
Ok I want answers not someone who is going to tell me to search and put gay pics up saying your a **** thats not what im looking for so for all of you that are going to do that just press the back button on your browser and spare some time.. Well I instaled the jumper mod yesterday I went to home depot and bought 22 gauge wire cut a little peice off and went to put it in it was a very snug fit so here are my questions should I go buy smaller guage wire? I got it in there with a little force. Also are my end pieces where it goes in the hole were about a quarter of an inch long and didnt feel like it went all the way to the bottom of the hole does this matter? I took it for a spin last night and it did feel like it redlined a little quicker but not sure since im not a hard rider all the time. so should I go buy smaller guage wire and do it again but this time stick it in the hole as far as it can go or just leave it.. do you think there is enough wire in the holes to jump it? also noticed it might be a little trouble taking it back out since it was a snug fit.. Thanks..
what u've done should be just fine. as long as the 2 connectors are "bridged, it will do as intended. enjoy!

·
Registered
762 Posts
i cut and bent a paper clip with like a half inch of wire on each side and slid it in, it goes in real good, i feel better about that in there than a soft stranded wire. and you can push the cap right back on and it locks.

its a tight fit but i did it yesterday on my brand new bike, and i hate to admit it, but i think i feel a difference lol.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just remember to remove the jumper if you ever take the bike in for warranty service. I was pretty sure my bike was going to the shop today for a possible electrical issue and remembered I had the jumper in there. I think that connector is used for a diag tool, so that'd be one of the first places they'd go. I wouldn't be surprised to have a shop disallow a warranty claim because you jumpered the ECU in Euro mode (even though that's BS).

FWIW, I found some telephone wire laying around (solid core) and used that. Not as snug a fit as I'd like, but I think it worked. I never run the bike that high (> 13K RPM), but figured it was free, so why not. Never know when I'll need to wind a gear out to redline and use that last couple thousand RPM way the hell up there.

Now that it's removed, I'll probably leave it off, just because I never rev the bike that hard, so why bother.

·
28,939 Posts
i forget what gauge wire i used but i flattened the ends so they acted like spade connectors and it worked great... i made a couple of them till i was happy with the outcome, taped the hell outta it and never looked back.

if your not sure if its working take it back out and go take a few runs to redline in a few gears, you will feel the difference if its working.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah when I was trying to put the cap back on it was somewhat dificult to put it back on I really had to push but I finally got it I wish I had a dyno handy lol to see o well guess I will have to race my friends 06 cbr-rr to find out Ive raced him once very good race he takes me a little in second then I catch him in third and pass him never raced him into fourth yet to much of a puss and plus im winning anyways lol..

·
28,939 Posts
Originally posted by 98impreza
Yeah when I was trying to put the cap back on it was somewhat dificult to put it back on I really had to push but I finally got it I wish I had a dyno handy lol to see o well guess I will have to race my friends 06 cbr-rr to find out Ive raced him once very good race he takes me a little in second then I catch him in third and pass him never raced him into fourth yet to much of a puss and plus im winning anyways lol..
my cap wouldnt go back on the whole way... i just taped the hell outta everything... 12000 miles later, still good to go.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey HOSER so do you think im alright after reading my post with how far I have my end pieces in the holes? Oh and I totally agree with you MAKE THIS A STICKY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we dont see 10 posts a day asking about the jumper mod...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Couldn't you just oreder a connector in from Kawi? Why is the plug so hard to go back in. I have only just looked to see where the mod goes. I have never fiddled with it at all cause I am half affraid and am way too particular after hearing some of you had to tape it back up. [:0]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
because of the top of the wire sticks up a bit and lays across the top of the plug I did have some electrical tape around the middle of the jumper but I couldnt get the plug back on so I took that off and with a little force It went right back in.

see what I mean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.