Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Incase you haven't read my other threads, here is the story. Last August sold my 04 R1 to purchase a 2nd car without having a car payment. ANd came upon a 95 ZX7 for real cheap, with a blown motor. THe bike has been apart for the last 2 months. Finally get a new motor for it,from a 94 ZX7 and it wouldn't start. I diagnose that the fuel pump isn't coming on. Check the fuel pump and it works when connected to the battery. So repplace the relay for the pump, still nothing. Then tear into the wiring harness looking for something to cause the problem and can't find anything wrong. Next I swap out the entire wiring harness with a different one that came with the other motor. ANd still the fuel pump doesnt come on. :( Some suggestions were to clean the contacts on the pump. Did that and it FINALLY RAN!!!!:D Oh but wait, the taillight doesn't come on, the turn signals don't flash, if they do it's like hazard lights, and it ran like crap. It wouldn't idle with out the choke, and sounded like it was on 3 cylinders. THe brake light comes on, with the brakes, and the headlights don't come on. Sounds like a loose ground, did some digging and can't find anything, but the headlight fuse keeps blowing if you turn the ignition. Then after standing around cursing this bike, and how it is just toying with my emotions of being able to ride again, I notice something....[:eek:)] THe larger plug going into the ignition box/control box(not the CDI) has different wires at different spots. Again I was all excited thinking this was finally it!!:D I swapped back to the original wiring harness, and the tail light works, no popping headlight fuse, and turn signals work. Fricken sweet," I rule" is what was going through my mind. Then try to start it and the fuel pump doesn't come on!!!!!!!!!!!!![V]:([}:)] I'm ready to put full coverage on this thing and drag it behind my car. Any thoughts, my mind is just jello after this.........:([V][B)][?]

·
Registered
288 Posts
It sounds to me like the wiring that caused the bike to run, your light bulbs are too strong, causing your fuses to crap out, because your hazard lights go through a different fuse, a much stronger fuse, that'll work. Try changing to a less wattage bulb. It sounds pretty stupid, but it might work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.