Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 ZX6r. Thought came to me this evening while weeding out this harness here for the kit car. When I bought the bike off my friend it did not run because the ECU was damaged(cracked housing from hitting the rail in the wreck). I purchased a used ECU online with the same part number(21175-0057) but at the time didn't think twice about possible immobilizer issues.

This bike was never equipped with the KISS setup, but are the ECU's from a bike that did have the KISS useable on a bike that doesn't have the immobilizer wiring? How can you tell the difference between an ECU that does have the code and one that doesn't, or are they the same and the immobilizer system is a separate animal in itself?

Just a thought as I'm going to try again to start this motor now that I sourced the broken wires here in the harness. I know when you turned the key on the FI light illuminates but doesn't blink, and the throttle servo and exhaust valve servo's move back and forth for a second.

Just being preemtive incase this thing doesn't fire up tomorrow :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny,found that in the FSM pdf file today and came to post as such.

Motor is alive and running well now, thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Before you all thing the bike is stolen. It is not. I have been in possession of this bike now for 2 years.

What happened as I drove and the bike shuted down. Found IG fuse blown and ecu fuse blown. After auto electrician went through all wires and found ECU is fried.
Got hold of exact same ECU second hand from scrap yard and is still working. But the ignition and keys to that ecu is not find able.
ECU part number on old fried one and second hand one is 21157-0046 UE ecu and yes my ignition has the red immobilizer ring.

How do get my bike runnig again.
Please help me.

Now when I put the ecu no more popping fuses. No feul pump primes, engine cranks but dont start.
Put in dealer mode 1 and mode 2 and only shows error 35 immobilizer amplifier malfunction.

I am medicaly unemployed so to buy a new ecu with ignition amd keys that goes together is more worth than the bike itself.
I live in Namibia and we dont have Kawasaki dealers to help me.
So with the small pension I get due to medically retired of cancer this was and is my only transport.

Any way to get around the immobilizer part and get my bike strated?
And yes I have the registration papers available that I am the owner of the bike.

Email.
[email protected]
+264812568319 whatsapp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts