Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Im gonna import a damper seeing that I cant find ONE SINGLE FKN PLACE that can sell me one in the whole of South-Africa!!!!

So, now I want to import. I've read lots of posts about specific dampers and how they are blah blah. Seeing as how I will not even see what this damper looks like before i've paid LOTS of bucks for it and trusted a plane or a shipt to transport that lots of bucks, I want your opinions.

I want, NICE looking, must not look odd on the bike.
I want, Bolt on, I don;t want to drill holes.
I want, Gold preferebly.
I want, to be able to fit it myself obviously.
I want, not to pay a rediculous price.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you guys also suggest to me where its best to buy this preferred damper. Hopefully an online place or someone willing to shipt ti SOuth-Africa and willing to take a credit card as payment.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, Someone just phoned me, I can get Toby. Hows they?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just bought one and was very unsure of which one i wanted so i did a lot reasearch and a lot of reading and this is what i have found. The Gpr is a good stablizer and the ohlins is a dampner the problem with dampner's is that they tent to leak oil. The Gpr is a good Quick stablizer with some adjustment, but i went with the scotts becasue it has more adjustment. Most stablizers to make it easy enough to turn at low speed u compromise your high speed damping, but with the scotts it has a low speed and a high speed adjustment. Everyones argument is that you have to drill your frames well so be it for $400 and to possibly save my life i would rather have the best and if that requires to drill and tape two holes in my frame so be it. to me it makes it so much more stable. Oh ya and if or when you buy a scotts it comes with everything u need lock tight, drill bit, tap, etc.

So i guess to sum it all up i wanted a stablizer that i could adjust low and high speed sepertaly.
ps and it looks good too.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ldrexler
......i have a toby. works well. not big and bulky.. it is black though. do not know if they do gold.
Thanks guys, I decided on getting the Toby one here locally due to no hassles importing etc.

ldrexler, can you adjust your toby? Mine is a top mount, looks pretty damn sweet, but I cant seem to figure out how to adjust it, or if its even adjustable..... Any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.