Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after doing a lot of thought about buying a Corbin seat or Airhawk, I contacted a local auto upholstery company to see what they could do for me. For $105, they shaped a new, thick foam cushion, using two types of memory foam with a gel insert in between. They were able to use the standard cover over, so it looks the same as before, except it sticks up about 1/2" more.

Here's a photo of the foam as they were working to shape it.

http://www.kawiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42596&stc=1&d=1311221019

If people are interested, I'll post a pic of the finished product on the bike, but it essentially looks the same. FWIW, it took my guy one day to do it after I dropped the seat off at his shop.

Although it looks about the same, it feels amazing. I read the idea of using an auto upholstery service somewhere else on this forum and I'm glad I did. This was a great upgrade and I'm happy I don't have to worry about relying on Corbin's shoddy customer service or securing an Airhawk everytime I go into a restaurant or grocery store.

Attachments

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Balls, I'm tempted to ship you my spare seat to get it done too haha.

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
Fuck i need to do something with my spare seat, might as well do that. I carved the shit out of my seat and it needs some more meat now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts