Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im deployed to Afghanistan for about a month longer. While I have been here, I have had a buddy of mine come over to my house and crank my bike and ride it around for a while. (Once a week) Now he isnt able to do it (Broke his leg about a month ago) and my wife wont go near it..lol

Should I worry? What should I do when I get back? I did an oil change right before I left..should I do another when I get home?

·
Registered
99 Posts
So Im deployed to Afghanistan for about a month longer. While I have been here, I have had a buddy of mine come over to my house and crank my bike and ride it around for a while. (Once a week) Now he isnt able to do it (Broke his leg about a month ago) and my wife wont go near it..lol

Should I worry? What should I do when I get back? I did an oil change right before I left..should I do another when I get home?
My brother just came back from there a few months ago. he's with the famous 22nd Regiment (Vandoos) in Quebec. He seen a few of his buddys get blown up on IEDs. May God keep you and your mates safe. My grand-dad served in WW2(Regimental seargent-major), my dad and of two of his brothers served (Egypt),
And me of course (11 years).

Now, back on topic: one more month? I would not worry about it. An oil change is
a good idea.

PS. a picture of Mike (my bro) coming back from a patrol.)

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
just have someone throw a cover over it

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My brother just came back from there a few months ago. he's with the famous 22nd Regiment (Vandoos) in Quebec. He seen a few of his buddys get blown up on IEDs. May God keep you and your mates safe. My grand-dad served in WW2(Regimental seargent-major), my dad and of two of his brothers served (Egypt),
And me of course (11 years).

Now, back on topic: one more month? I would not worry about it. An oil change is
a good idea.

PS. a picture of Mike (my bro) coming back from a patrol.)
Thanks man. Ive seen a few things go down over here that i could have went without..but it happens. Just cant wait to get home to the wife and new baby.

Thanks for the help. Not really worried now. I'll just give er a good oil change when i get back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's an old BMR (Medium Wheeled Armored Vehicle). They're out of service now (fortunately). The photo is from July 2008...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts