Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just built a system into my helmet (KBC VR-1)that lets me an hear a MP3 player, radar detector and the two way radios each bike has on when we ride the foothill trails. I could build these and sell them but how much could I get for them? Would like to know if it's worth it to make them, could do it for 100 at the very most retail. Could even pipe in a cell phones mic and Speaker.

By the way it's all stealth installed on my 03 636. Nelson

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Why not post up some pictures of your design, and how it looks inside the helmet, etc. People will be more responsive if you have pictures and a price.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yea, what he said:D.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmmmmmmm I might try to integrate that talk shit feature into my new proto type. Reminds me of a Mr Microphone I super busted LOL. BTW Street Walker do you pull yours up in 2nd gear? Do you ever get head shake when you land? Seen a few videos with bad shake, and wobble that lead to crash. Loved your video, Props 2 Ya!!!

My first wired proto type had wires soldered onto the radar units circuit board that went tru a hole in the radars case and then endded in a male plug in like any walkman headphones have. I fish the plug up tru the center of the steering head and up to my mini tank bag where my MP3 player rides along. The radar units wires join into a Y-connector that is pluged into the MP3 Players head phones out plug. Then the head phones were plugged into that so you could hear each perfect with a few volume adjustments. I have not missed a Ka band alarm yet. As faw as the cancer I hope not cause I hid it into the 636's left fairing wjich is close to my nuts.[:0] I went wireless cause it was a pain to get on and off the bike, but the wires did keep my helment from hitting the ground when a gust of wind blew my helemt off my tank. I will get some pics up when I get my digital camera back from my Brother.

Happy holloween to all!!![}:)]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope...No BIG ass antenna anywhere. The in helmet antenna is a thin wire that just wraps around the inside between the pads and the shell. The unit only recieves so I don't think I'm fring my skull. Still waiting on my beatbeat bro to get my digital camera back to me. :-(

P.S. If your into BIG ASS antennas I could put one on yours...LMAO...A 8 ft whip style CB looking one on your helmet. Hey you could just lean your head toward a person that tried to cut you off and whip them for it as you pass, But it would suck durring a lightning storm.
Have a a great day thanks for the post...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi,
i have the same vr-1 helmet. So i am pretty interested on how you did the comm. system. Hope you are able to post up the pics soon.

YellowNinja

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I saw an article on the Superbike or Performance Bikes website about 6 weeks ago showing a helmet (I think it was a Vemar) which is wired with a microphone in the chinbar and speakers in the helmet and uses Bluetooth to connect to a 'phone or whatever else. I'll see if I can find the link and post it. It was a cheapish brand of helmet but a cool idea, and the technology pushed the price up a bit. I'm sure there'll be more in the future though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dude!!! That was a kick ass link, I will have to check out the rest of that site. I will get my camera back by the weekend.

Poof

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by ZXNelson
I just built a system into my helmet (KBC VR-1)that lets me an hear a MP3 player, radar detector and the two way radios each bike has on when we ride the foothill trails. I could build these and sell them but how much could I get for them? Would like to know if it's worth it to make them, could do it for 100 at the very most retail. Could even pipe in a cell phones mic and Speaker.

By the way it's all stealth installed on my 03 636. Nelson

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.