Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2001 model and after adjusting the free play for the throttle I now have a problem... When the bars are at full lock to the left and I flick the throttle on, the revs go up to around 6k before coming back down. This doesn't happen when the bars are in any other position.

I followed the throttle grip adjustment instructions in the owners manual and have either done it wrong or they're not quite right.

Can someone tell me why this happens and how to adjust the throttle free play correctly?

Many thanks
Mic

·
Registered
418 Posts
It sounds to me like the cables have been routed incorrectly, You have to take the tank and the airbox off and see what its fouling on. Being routed incorrectly around the front of the headstocks usually causes this problem and may have been done on a major service when the carbs were removed. Minor adjustments like yours usually show this up. Once ts routed correctly, cable tie them off to prevent chaffing on the frame.

Ash

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
reroute the cable. Do it the right way or you may be in a corner and the rev's shoot up. Not what you want to happen!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.