Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed these successfully on a 00-02 zx6r?
i ordered them for that year and they wouldn't fit no matter what i did... it actually cracked in half after trying for more than an hour... forced me to ship them back to streetracerparts for a replacement... doublechecked the part number and it was correct..was told they should slide right in... there is a lip on the stock dial that won't let it fit. the cut out opening of the new gauge faces are too small, even sliding them under wouldn't help.

any thoughts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know, i heard that also....sending it back...
there is an "extension" (lip) on the stock dial that will not allow this face plate to slide over... the hole must be made bigger...could be the older design you speak of....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the lip is on the actual stock dial (at the end, or hub if you will..)spins with the dial...
tried to pull off the dial w/ screwdriver but couldn't and didn't want to break it off and not have anything..
if you know for fact that they come off, let me know how and i'll do it... it will make it easier to install the indiglo faceplates if the dial can be removed...

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I had mine off last winter, was trying to make my own gauges..
Pretty easy actually.

1 - spin the gauges all the way around so they are pointing about straight down (so go past 160mph/16,000rpm) this is their natural center. They may settle down a little off of straigt down. Now mark on the gauge where the needle is pointing, because you want it to be lined up right when you put it back together.
2 - Now take 2 spoons, thats right, normal everyday teaspoons, and put them on on opposide sides of the hub. The curved side goes down against the gauge, the lip goes under the center hub. Try to get the tip of the spoons as close to the middle as you can, you want them to be even.
3 - Apply pressure evenly, and the hub should just pop off, you'll have a little silver pin sticking up.

Now apply the new faceplates, put the hub back on (using the line you made earlier to make sure its lined up) and spin the gauges back down to zero.

Should be all done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.