·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I would like to share our latest NINJA 250r modif project. Specs:

Front Fork Aprilia RS 250
Swing Arm Aprilia RS 250
Rim Set Suzuki GSX-750 Katana (3,5 & 4.5 Inch)
Front Tire Michelin Pilot Power 120/70-17
Rear Tire Michelin Pilot Power 160/60-17
Brake System BREMBO
Exhaust System TWO-BROS Full System
TK Chains
Footstep & handle NUI

These are the pictures:

We're waiting for your critics & comments. Thank you !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice!!! How much for all the parts? Something an average garage monkey could handle doing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice!!! How much for all the parts? Something an average garage monkey could handle doing?
I paid for the swing arms, upside down forks, rims & tires + labor cost ---> Total US$2500
I sold the original NINJA swing arms, telescopic forks, rims & tires ---> US$1000
So i spend ---> US$1500

Time to finish it = 2 weeks. But the workshop not only doing 1 bike, if they concentrate on this bike only, maybe it can be finished in 4-5 days (1 week at most).

Nothing is changed on the bike whatsoever. All the adjustments & compensations are only done on the Aprilia parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How is the handling? I'm guessing the upside down forks have better rebound etc? Is the swing arm a bolt on setup or do u need to modify to make it work? In looking for a nice way to put a larger rear on.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
this is the only 250 i would buy...for street use
250dirtybikes are fun as hell...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How is the handling? I'm guessing the upside down forks have better rebound etc? Is the swing arm a bolt on setup or do u need to modify to make it work? In looking for a nice way to put a larger rear on.
Handling pretty much the same with the original NINJA with improvement in stability.

We have to cut 3mm on the swing-arm axis (1,5mm on each side) then it can be perfectly plugged into NINJA's frame. We also have to make new links (longer than the original).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dude nice job sexy bike... does it feel heavier now?
It weight less than the original ninja. The upside-down forks weight a little more compare to the original telescopic forks, but the rims & swing-arms weight less because they're all hollow. Looks bigger but hollow and made from Aluminium.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts